Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:17:41 PM

Author Topic: Usovo.de Proxxon MF70 mach3 issues  (Read 13208 times)

Usovo.de Proxxon MF70 mach3 issues
« on: September 11, 2009, 12:49:39 PM »
Hi,

does anyone here own a Proxxon MF70 from usovo.de? I'm having issues getting it running smoothly in Mach3, the settings which i have so far make the machine move incredibly slow and misses steps. I've got the machine running fine in a Win PC-NC demo, but cant seem to get it anywhere near smooth in Mach3 for the life of me.

the settings i'm using so far under motor tuning is

steps per: 400
velocity mm/pmin:25
acceleration:4
step pulse: 5 (but seems to run better with 10)
dir pulse: 5

If anyone has had some success with this machine and Mach3 please let me know :)

thanks,
Dash

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Usovo.de Proxxon MF70 mach3 issues
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 02:44:31 PM »
Have you tried Sherline mode? it is possible that you are needing a much wider pulse.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 11:15:01 AM »
Have tried sherline mode with no success, increasing step pulse to 10 does make it sound a lot healthier but its still not running 100%.

info on what machine i have is here:
http://www.usovo.de/shop/product_info.php?info=p261_Proxxon-MF70-CNC-2008.html

there are some configuration settings for WIN-PC-NC on usovo's site here:

http://www.usovo.de/shop/shop_content.php?coID=40

does this show anything obvious i can use to input into mach3?

steps per: 400 is the only concrete setting i have at this point :(

i'm really hoping there is another usovo mf70 slinging mach3 user out there who can save me from this config gloom!

Thanks,
Dash

Offline Ck

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 02:56:05 PM »
Please let me know about your experience, I am planning to go down the same path, Help

Thanks;

Ck
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 09:41:42 PM »
update:

been busy with work and and life! but i managed to get some interesting configuration info from the net. the cncitalia forums have some excellent tips on configuring the usovo MF70 controller box to work with mach3. Unfortunately they are all in italian, but with the help of google translator and a bit of common sense I was able to get some details. they appear to be very rapid, i'd imagine the machine is running at the maximum speed it can without losing steps. I havent done my 1st cut yet, more tweaking required because i'm not confident if these settings are safe when force is applied (i.e when cutting stock) but atleast i've got the machine running 200% better than it did before.  I'll try post these details when get sometime at home.