Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:01:24 AM

Author Topic: Internet Explorer cannot display web page  (Read 4996 times)

Internet Explorer cannot display web page
« on: September 08, 2009, 07:52:45 PM »
I have a problem when running Internet Explorer v8 to try to access the Support/Forum link from the Artsoft website. I am directed to an error page of some sort which states simply "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page" and has links to Diagnose Connection Problems, and another which simply lists things like Internet Connection has been lost, typing error when entering the web site, etc. I also have the Firefox browser, which displays the Artsoft pages without problems. However, there is some sort of virus running through that browser which re-directs the browser to websites of IT'S choosing, whenever I click on an active link on just about ANYONE ELSE'S Website! Therefore, my browser of choice is Internet Explorer for this reason. Except to access the Machsupport Forum, (which because of IE's inability to display the web page) I am forced to use Firefox. I have already experimented with virtually every setting in Internet Explorer's Tools, Internet Options, and all subsequent tabs and the various settings, and have YET to find a combination of settings which will allow me to access the Machsupport Forum with IE. Can anyone offer any suggestions to correct this problem?

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Explorer cannot display web page
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 08:22:22 PM »
Unfortunately I was using IE8 and rolled it back to IE7 as I was having MANY numerous problems like this. Just the webpages themselves looked all distorted half the time and when opening new tabs, the webpages would never load correctly unless I close IE8 and started again.

I went back to IE7 and it's as solid as rock for me.

Sorry, I'm no help but I've also tried Opera and that's a fantastic browser as well, but I'm just stuck in my old ways with IE.

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 08:53:33 PM »
Thanks Dave,
I may try to download IE 7 (if it's still available on the MS website) and see if that corrects my problems. The virus I mentioned in Firefox renders virtually the rest of the Internet useless. The only way I can surf, is to hover the mouse over active links (and read the link address) and enter it directly into the location bar. If I simply click the link, the virus takes over, (google re-direct www.*********.com) or whatever. My wife was actually redirected to a ********* site from our county's department of education website. Darn criminals! Virus scanner finds nothing, and I have been unable to correct these problems. Anyway, Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 02:56:32 AM »
I have no problems at all with Firefox. You could try uninstalling it, cleaning the registry and installing the latest Firefox version.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Chris.Botha

•  488 488
  • wine me.. dine me.. tram my mill for me...
    • View Profile
    • Digital-Jeweller
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 06:51:12 AM »
firefox keeps locking up in Vista64 for me.. IE8 64bit has no flash and all IE32 periodically looses access to the web.. sooooooooooooooo my solution is a 64bit VM running xp pro and everything works hunky dory in that! i set a snapshot after full install of all my favourite stuff and periodically i jump back to that snapshot jsut to confuse all the cookies and tracking crod that all these website leave on my pc.

install peerguardian2 on your pc and see what your browsers are doing behind your back.. you may freak out and chop up your router and wear tinfoil hats and point at the sky .. live in a caravan eating twinkies....

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 08:54:06 AM »
Oh dear Chris, now you have gone and mentioned Twinkies.
It took me ages to find out what Tootsie Pops were.  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Chris.Botha

•  488 488
  • wine me.. dine me.. tram my mill for me...
    • View Profile
    • Digital-Jeweller