Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:21:17 PM

Author Topic: Why did my machine go wacky at the end of the run  (Read 6581 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Why did my machine go wacky at the end of the run
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 05:36:37 PM »
Yep, should have what Ed posted, and start thinking about upgrading.
But if the old dog still hunts use him sparingly and with kindness, since time is not on his side!  ;)
BTW, That old laptop has a PP and is rock solid, she even has a 8 gig hard drive under the hood!.  ;D
RICH
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 12:11:53 AM »
I agree that this computer is marginal, I have upped the memory to 640mb and re-run the code and had no problem but I do fear anything more complex will crash it.  I have 4 desktops and a laptop for my home network and I think it is time to add a 5th desktop.  When I stopped by the Used Computer Warehouse here in town they had many computers that will fit the bill for around $200 to $300.

Thanks for all the replies
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 10:07:27 AM »
DT,
 I just ran your program my NEC Laptop - 400MHZ - 256 Ram with no problem.
But you should not have anything else running other than MACH. The slow machines can work,
 but don't even think of trying something like using a camera, playing with your mouse, connected to anything.
What did bother me some was the cuts into your boarder and the unfinished rough cuts.
RICH

Rich,
Can you elaborate on what bothered you regarding the border and the unfinished rough cuts?
I am new to gcode, Mach3, Cut2D and CNC routers in general so I am like a sponge soaking up all the bits of information I can get my brain around.  I do have 25+ years of CAD experience from my job and other personal interests.
DT

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 09:00:09 PM »
DT,
What is circled in red on the attached. Maybe it's just that the file never ran to the end.
RICH
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 10:12:43 PM »
What you have circled is the reason for this thread, this is where the machine went wacky.  Actually, the computer ran out of memory and that's when the controller and Mach3 got lost.  Fill up all the buffers on the computer and she stops, live and learn.