Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:14:37 PM

Author Topic: Why did my machine go wacky at the end of the run  (Read 6582 times)

Why did my machine go wacky at the end of the run
« on: August 24, 2009, 11:57:07 PM »
I have a DIY JGRO 3 axis router, running Mach3 and code generated in Vectric Cut2D.  The computer is a Dell Pentium 3 500mhz running WindowsXP.  Can't remember how much ram it has.
Also I am new to all of this even though I started my machine in late 2006.
The sign I made was fairly simplistic , I thought, and the first pass went just fine and the second pass was fine up to near the end of the entire run.  Here are some pics:

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Why did my machine go wacky at the end of the run
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 02:11:05 AM »
Can you attach the code please.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 08:26:03 PM »
I saw your message while at work, I am finally home and here is the file
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 01:57:29 AM »
First of all your pc was probably a win 98 w/500 mhz processor. You should have closer to 1 ghz processor, and 512 m ram.

Ed
Ed VanEss

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 03:45:43 AM »
Code certainly looks good from first glance so suspect it may indeed be a problem with the low computer specs as Ed has suggested.

Hood
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 10:27:48 AM »
I concur and yes this was a Win98 machine, I was running a wireless connection, Mach3 and Cut2D with only 256mb of ram simultaneously.....yikes.
I suspected the machine's specs right at the beginning but it is nice to receive confirmation.
This machine was my oldest daughter's computer and since I got her a new computer this was just hanging around for a number of years.  She has been out of the house for at least 3 years now...man I am old.

Thank you both for your time and talent in checking this file for me,
Thomas Lightfoot
DeadTom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 10:45:13 AM »
I was running a wireless connection

What type of connection? Wireless devices are one thing I personally avoid but I know a few have used wireless devices without incident, however wireless networks have been known to be very problematic with Mach.

Hood
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 10:54:55 AM »
Well I was connected to my home network as an 802.11g connection; I am amazed that 256mb was running all of that and I did not run into trouble until the end of the code.
I think I will create a logon that will shut down all uneccessary programs to include the wireless driver and also run only Mach3 by itself and also I will see if I can at least double the ram from 256 to 512.

DT

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 05:16:30 PM »
DT,
 I just ran your program my NEC Laptop - 400MHZ - 256 Ram with no problem.
But you should not have anything else running other than MACH. The slow machines can work,
 but don't even think of trying something like using a camera, playing with your mouse, connected to anything.
What did bother me some was the cuts into your boarder and the unfinished rough cuts.
RICH
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 05:23:37 PM »
From Artsoft Home page.

Software Requirements

Keeping with our home hobbyist roots, the minimum software requirements to run Mach are very reasonable.  Below are the specifications for running Mach3 stably.
Mach3 Minimum Requirements:

* Windows 2000/XP Operating System
    * 1Ghz CPU
    * 512MB RAM
    * Non-integrated Video Card with 32MB RAM
    * Basic Computer Skills (ability to copy/rename files, browse directories, etc)
    * Desktop PC if using the Mach3 Driver (Laptops are not supported because the power saving features of the chipsets disrupt the pulse stream)

This pc should be dedicated to Mach.  No games , no internet .(my opinion)

Ed
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 05:27:09 PM by edvaness »
Ed VanEss