Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:56:28 AM

Author Topic: Still problems  (Read 2751 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Still problems
« on: August 24, 2009, 03:39:56 PM »
From the members Docs, I found the document “Homing a Lathe (without Limit Switches)” very interesting and I follow every step to Home my CNC. It worked well and now my machine shows all the DROs zero and I have the green light arount the X,Y & Z buttons.

My limits in the Homing Limits screen are: X=22.00, Y=30.00, Z=-9.00. Next I loded the attached gcode and I can see in the tool display that the drawing was off the lower left corner. So I went to the offsets screen and changed the X=10.0000 and Y=5.0000 and now I can see the drawing is well inside my table.

I then pressed the cycle start button and the machine started to move but the pen I use to draw the object never came down to more than about 5” from the top of the table.

Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Perhaps I should have lowered the Z axis to touch the paper on top of the table and then press the cycle start button?
Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Still problems
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 04:00:59 PM »
 You have in effect set the offset zero positiont for X and Y by entering offset values but not for Z. I dont usually enter the numebers there, the way I do things is actually jog the X and Y to where I want the offset zero to be then I press the zero buttons at the side of the respective DROs. Same for the Z, I jog it down to the surface of the maerial and set that as the Z Zero by pressing the Zero Z button.

Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Re: Still problems
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 04:37:26 PM »
You have in effect set the offset zero positiont for X and Y by entering offset values but not for Z. I dont usually enter the numebers there, the way I do things is actually jog the X and Y to where I want the offset zero to be then I press the zero buttons at the side of the respective DROs. Same for the Z, I jog it down to the surface of the maerial and set that as the Z Zero by pressing the Zero Z button.

Hood

You are right Hood, I have also done it the way you said with other drawings and worked very well.

In the interest of learning I wanted to try something new but did not worked and now I know why.

Much safer to jog the axes to zero like you said, then i know my starting point.

Thanks
Nicolas
Nicolas