Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 03:21:58 PM

Author Topic: Port 1 Pins Current State  (Read 6017 times)

Port 1 Pins Current State
« on: August 24, 2009, 02:59:02 PM »
Like many other posts I have read, my DRO's respond to the up and down arrows on my keyboard, but I get no motor movement. I am using the Keling package with the C10 BOB, 4030 Drivers, and 425oz motors.
I have checked ports, get no errors, rechecked wiring, etc.... I am using the motor tuning recommended on their website. I do notice though, that in the Diagnostics screen, the Port 1 Pins Current Statehas no lights lit up.
when I played with the e-stop port 15, that one pin will light up.
I will try swapping out the parallel printer cable after work, but I don't think at this point this is the problem.
Any suggestions? Different motor tuning, configuration, jumper settings, etc...?

Thanks, Jim

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Port 1 Pins Current State
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 04:06:53 PM »
Put a voltmeter on the direction pin and gnd pin  of each axs in turn and jog one way then the next and see if they change state, ie go from 0v to 5v depending on direction you jog.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 07:25:08 AM »
Thanks so much. You can count me among the throngs who "knew" it was wired correctly. Everything was, except the limit switches, which I had daisy-chained incorrectly.
Getting the voltmeter out and probing around I found that I was only getting 5 volts to my first switch. I was not going from com to NC to each subsequent switch. When I corrected that, everything worked and I had a brief moment of Euphoria.
Thank you so much, ! I see that you answer many questions and I appreciate your help. You should be on ArtSoft's payroll. :)
Jim
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 07:34:51 AM by jw_buckwalter »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 07:40:57 AM »
Glad you are sorted :)

Hood