Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 03:58:53 PM

Author Topic: Tool Hieght Confusion  (Read 3038 times)

Offline mhdale

•  130 130
  • Knowledge is the Treasure.
    • View Profile
    • Black Dragon Technologies
Tool Hieght Confusion
« on: August 29, 2006, 03:24:20 PM »
I am having trouble with my CNC, I am very confused by its behavior and I am at a loss to explain it. I have recently installed a new Spindle, I have run a simple bed-resurface(Cleans up or Sacrifical Bed)  of my machine and it seems to have worked correctly. Now the trick with this Spindle is it's a tool changing spindle and the whole offsets etc are confusing to my poor overloaded brain. I was sure I had it figured out but I have a simple operation which just trims some stop rails to the x & y Axis. I Set my tool Height, verified it twice and then ran the program, It ended up taking .15 deep cut out of the new bed, It thinks it is at Z0 but its not.... So I set it again, and I obviously got something really wrong because this time it just plunged right on in and buried the head....
   I tried using the Verify Button under the Manual screen but it does something funky as well so I cant verify what the machine really thinks the Z is at. Is there anything you can think of which could narrow this down.... I double and triple check the z height and the tool offset but they all seem right....
I am frankly baffled. If someone has some simple steps to help me narrow this down anything would be appreciated...

Confused and bewildered
Mike
Re: Tool Hieght Confusion
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 09:32:34 PM »
Mike I think you should watch a few of the video's that Art and I did :) This should help you with all the offsets and how they work.
Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline mhdale

•  130 130
  • Knowledge is the Treasure.
    • View Profile
    • Black Dragon Technologies
Re: Tool Hieght Confusion
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 10:52:16 AM »
SOunds like a Really good Idea! I will check them out and let you know if it helps with my issues.
M