Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:49:50 PM

Author Topic: Perfect Square?  (Read 22159 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Square?
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 11:28:08 PM »
In the manual, fig 5.2.3 shows you the "origin" symbol. In Figure 6.2.3 check the "AS Drawn" which will maintain the  0, 0 as drawn. BTW, you can change the origin to anywhere you want in LC.
If you don't check the As Drawn the origin will be placed at a min value to the first entity / created chain.

You need to understand that there are machine coordinates and program coordinates.
Analogy : where am i and where am i going ........I am "HOME" i need to go to where the "Program " is.

RICH
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 11:32:12 PM by RICH »

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 09:25:12 AM »
In the manual, fig 5.2.3 shows you the "origin" symbol. In Figure 6.2.3 check the "AS Drawn" which will maintain the  0, 0 as drawn. BTW, you can change the origin to anywhere you want in LC.
If you don't check the As Drawn the origin will be placed at a min value to the first entity / created chain.

You need to understand that there are machine coordinates and program coordinates.
Analogy : where am i and where am i going ........I am "HOME" i need to go to where the "Program " is.

RICH

RICH you are a lifesaver

I did not pay too much attention to the LC manual, thought that it was pretty much automated. I looked to what you pointed out and the As Drawn the Origin was not checked. Guess I have to read the LC manual carefully.

Thank you
Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 10:31:58 AM »
There is no such thing as plug and play. That's the problem with LC or any other program, folks just hack away and to often end up having difficulties, for no reason. If you are going to use LC i strongly suggest you take a look at the manual. The manual has info that you will not find anywhere.
RICH

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 12:46:50 PM »
Right on RICH, I'm already working on it
Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 01:04:58 PM »
ok now I got it and all new drawings I made I was able to get mach going where I had my axes. So this problem I can put it to bed but there are still some new problems.

I get the code into mach, regenerate the tool path and zero the axes. But I still have to go to the offsets and zero them too otherwise the object is not at 0,0 on the toolpath screen. Anyway to get the offsets ON/OFF?

The above although annoying is not that important but while mach is working some times is getting “stuck” like it hit something and stopped and then I have to hit the Estop. I have checked my axes and all are working smooth when they are not coupled to the ACME screws. In addition, when the axis are coupled to the ACME screws and jog each axis, they all work nice and smooth. So I believe that it has to do with the motors tuning.

ACME screws are 1/2"-10 precision and my motors are 273oz.in and the settings are:
   Vel.   Acc.   Step   Pulse
X   36   2   10   10
Y   36   2   10   10
Z   38   2   10   10

Any suggestions for any changes to these settings? Do you see something that is not normal?
Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 01:42:54 PM »
What kind of drives are you using?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 02:42:30 PM »
What kind of drives are you using?

Sorry Gerry dont know what you mean by "drives"

Motors are Keling stepper motors with 8 wires and wired as unipolar

The 3 drives for the 3 motors are Probotix  http://www.probotix.com/stepper_motor_drivers/ProboStep/
I have set the steps on the drives to half step and in mach (steps per) to 4000
Hope that is what you want
Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 03:09:18 PM »
Acme screws will have a lot of friction compared to ballscrews so it could just be that your motors are not big enough. Try reducing the velocity and accell and see if it helps.
 Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 03:28:02 PM »
Acme screws will have a lot of friction compared to ballscrews so it could just be that your motors are not big enough. Try reducing the velocity and accell and see if it helps.
 Hood

But why the axes work fine when I jog the motors and they get stuck "SOMETIMES" when I make a drawing?

I will try reducing the vel & accl as you said
Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline bowber

•  216 216
  • Kirkby Stephen,Cumbria, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 03:44:44 PM »
Looking at the axis settings your on inch's, 36" <m/min so I would have thought that's ok and Acc 2! Does it ever get upto speed?

You may be hitting soft limits, do you zero the axis and is the table size setup (can't remember which tab that is).

Normal use is to have the table size setup and have the soft limits on. Zero axis (ref all) before doing anything when the machine is first turned on.
You then clamp down you stock and drive the axis to a point you determined in your cam, usually bottom left, and press each button to the left of the DRO.
You should then be able to look at the table view to the right and it will show a white line around with you gcode lines in blue, if these blue lines are inside the white line you will be fine, other wise you'll get a warning that your code goes out of the table limits.

I'm quite tipsy at the moment on our second bottle so hopefully I've said it all right ;)

Steve