Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:49:18 PM

Author Topic: Safe Z Arghhhhhhhh!! Whats going on!  (Read 6161 times)

Safe Z Arghhhhhhhh!! Whats going on!
« on: August 17, 2009, 05:31:11 PM »
hi guys, im in the middle of building my cnc machine but all my motors are wired up and were working fine until i decided to fire up my mach3 software and give the motors that i have at tho moment a spin! all was working fine untill just, out of the blue the Z axis will not move and i keep getting the error safe z turned off ignoring safe z move! ive not touched anything since last time i had a mess with it and it was working fine! it wont move when im in the motor tuning setup either.

Ive looked at a few settings but im new to all this and i cannot see what could be the problem!

Anyone have and ideas or has come across this before?

Im not that well up with the mach software as you can probably tell so go easy on me ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Z Arghhhhhhhh!! Whats going on!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 05:53:20 PM »
That message is nothing to be alarmed about, I am thinking you may have pressed the Go To Zero button as that is the most likely time you would see that.
 Now for your axis not moving, do you see the DRO (axis counter) moving when you jog the Z? If yes then check the wiring just in case something has come loose.
 Also make sure you are out of Reset and that you dont have any limit switches showing active on the diagnostics page.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 06:01:45 PM »
hi hood, ill have a look at my wiring, the DRO does count up or down but no movement at all, the funny thing is that ive just tried it on another pc that was working fine and its doing the same on that, so to me it points to something on my wiring side of things having an effect on mach3! i dont have any limit switches active or anything like that as my machine is not built yet and its just on a bench for testing only.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 06:06:16 PM »
Check you have the correct port address entered, if you do then certainly sounds like a wiring problem.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 06:52:27 PM »
got it sorted now.. was a dodgey wire i think.. i gave them a wiggle and all is well now! thanks buddy ;)