Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:48:59 PM

Author Topic: Ajax introduces our new Mach Based, closed loop servo CNC control  (Read 12088 times)

Ajax CNC introduces our new Mach3 based, Plug and Play CNC control.

Just one cable connects your PC to a complete, closed-loop, servo-based CNC control. No more missed steps, never lose position again.

$1195.00 Introductory offer

Includes:

FAST Ethernet based communication
3-axis servo drive/amplifier
PLC- 30 In / 28 Out - Expandable to 240 / 240  
500+ Mhz DSP-based motion control
Plugin, Configurations and Macros*
Pre-programmed I/O for:
- Programmable Spindle Speed 0-10v DC
- Programmable Coolant
- Homing/Limits ...and more!

*Mach software NOT included

See www.Ajaxcnc.com for more information on Mach3 based CNC controls.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 02:58:00 PM by hanglide »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Ajax introduces our new Mach Based, closed loop servo CNC control
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 11:33:24 AM »
Can you provide more info such as what are the specs on the 3 axis drive? Looked at your site but actually see more info in your post here than there. If there is more info on your site I maybe just overlooked it so could you post a direct link please.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 03:02:26 PM »
Hi Hood,

Thanks for the interest.  I apologize for the lack of specs - we are in the process of publishing everything for the Mach interface as we speak.  These are the same drives we have been using for several years except that we've now added a plugin and protocol for Mach to bring down the vectors via ehternet in addition to our propriatary method using fiber optic communications.

Electrical specs on the Drive/Motion control:

Configurable from 6-15 amp continuous (will run up to 40-50"lb motors)
12 - 130VDC
125Khz Switching frequency
6 - 5Mhz Encoder inputs (32768 ppr @6000rpm)  

Best regards

Scott Pratt
scott@ajaxcnc.com

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 03:09:38 PM »
Ok thanks for the info. Look forward to seeing the specs when you get a chance :)

Hood
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 02:41:01 PM »
I've got a couple of questions concerning the Ajax CNC Kit for $995.00 (3rd. party drive with PLC)
These questions are intended as out-of-the box from your kit.
1. Is this kit ready to run all 4 axis?  On your website, it looks like the 4th axis is an option in this kit.
2. Will Mach 3 run all of its original features without any degradation from the Ajax kit?
3. Can differential encoders with index pulse be used especially for, homing to index?
4. Will this kit allow me to use an off-the-shelf MPG?
5. What is the Maximum part program file size allowed?
6. Does this kit provide any optical  isolation especially for I/O and encoders?

Thank you,
Metalstech
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 06:23:18 PM »
Hi,

1.  Yes, this kit supports up to 4 axes.  No addiitional software options are required.

2.  Yes, Mach should still run any and all plug-ins and features.  The only problem I can think of is if some other third party plug-in stepped on the motion commands Mach generates or if it stepped on I/O.  I don't have any reason to think there would be any problems though.   

3.  Yes, you can use differntial encoders with an index pulse - in fact, they are the only type supported.

4.  Any mpg or input device that interfaces with Mach through the PC should work fine.  As long as Mach sends us motion commands, our hardware will follow.

5.  I beliieve the file size is limited by Mach to 10,000,000 lines of G code.  No limitation is imposed y our hardware.

6.  We have several layers of optical isolation.  All of the encoders and inputs come in through opto's.  On top of that, all communications between the I/O/Drive board and the motion control board are over fiber optic cables.  We were probably the first CNC control manufacturer on the planet (literally) to utilize fiber optics for communication and have been using fiber optics for almost 20 years.

Regards

Scott Pratt 
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 04:18:40 PM »
Thank you for the quick response Scott!

This looks like what I've been waiting for.

Thanks again,
Metalstech

Offline drew

•  79 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 12:14:23 PM »
What is the current limit on the PLC I/O ?
Thanks Drew
If I had something important to say it would be here.