Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 04:11:12 PM

Author Topic: PID In MACIV  (Read 3839 times)

PID In MACIV
« on: August 27, 2006, 12:33:13 PM »
Hi,
   I am basically an embedded system programmer and currently working on developing a Driver module for Step and Direction based DC Servo Motor control system. I wanted to know if MACIV has built in implementation of PID control loop for DC Servo Motors or do i need to implement it in the Driver Module.

Re: PID In MACIV
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 04:19:22 PM »
The speed that you need... It will need to be done in a Driver module :( But we can talk to it to set the values in the driver module :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 03:53:12 PM »
Plz see this application note for DC Servo Motor by microchip(www.microchip.com).

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1824&appnote=en011782

This code uses RS-232 commands(Data being in quadrature encoder pulse units) to move the DC Servo motor to desired position. The velocity and acceleration are also programmed via Serial Interface into PIC MCU.

Can we make MECHIV to send position data in the form of serial commands on COM Port(RS 232), rather than generating pulses at certain velocity on Parallel Port, to move the motor to desired position.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 09:43:30 PM »
Yes it can be done but only if you are a C programmer and can make a plug In to run the device :( There is no simple way... sorry..
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com