Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:42:26 AM

Author Topic: Abnormal Condition on startup  (Read 8040 times)

Abnormal Condition on startup
« on: August 12, 2009, 05:55:35 PM »
I get abnormal condition when I home machine.  Should I be concerned??? I have been saying set monitoring as normal to see as normal.. and running just fine.  Could it be because I have home negative set on Y axis..??

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Abnormal Condition on startup
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 06:01:42 PM »
The abnormal condition function can be a PITA as it will pick up a condition that is out of the ordinary. It does not however know whether that condition is wrong or not just that its not your normal. If previously you didnt have home switches and now do then that could be seen as abnormal as you have now started homing.
 If you click on it when its flashing it will tell you why it is and offer you the option to set it to a normal condition if its correct.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 06:08:26 PM »
Hood,
Other than confirming that's it's normal, there is no way to "inactivate it" in any config setting.  ???
You remember what version that came into being? ( not important, but if you do know, give a yell ).
RICH

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 06:11:04 PM »
Afraid I dont know Rich as I dont have it on my screens so never saw when it first started on the standard screens, best way to disable is delete it in screen4 ;D
Hood
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 11:02:13 AM »
Today when I started up it said normal.  Went to home and it was abnormal on the way, but when it homed went back to normal.  i supposed that was ok.  I have some things set different than standard on my machine, such as x & y are swapped. With x being my long axis.  All is working as i want so won't be concerned from here.  I have been using techno isel with old dos program before and this is my initial usage of Mach3.  So far I am pleased and have some macros that are working the way I want.  Thanks for the reply.

"Whitey"
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 11:25:32 AM »
The abnormal condition function can be a PITA as it will pick up a condition that is out of the ordinary. It does not however know whether that condition is wrong or not just that its not your normal. If previously you didnt have home switches and now do then that could be seen as abnormal as you have now started homing.
 If you click on it when its flashing it will tell you why it is and offer you the option to set it to a normal condition if its correct.
Hood

Still new to Mach and I have no idea what this function is.  Can you elaborate?
Bill (the Cat) Shubert

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 12:27:44 PM »
Bill,
I like to think of it as a form of artificial intelligence.
A good example would be if you didn't reference all the axis, then it is reminding me something has changed
since the last time used. Or if i change from absolute to incremental mode.
In some respects it is good, because i fool so much with Mach settings, and sometimes the reminder is good.

An OEM may like it since if someone where to fool with the settings then it would flag an operator.

Depends on the user to judge whether it adds value or not.  ;)

RICH
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 02:16:39 PM »
I kind of got that from the previous posts.  I'm just not clear on exactly how it manifests itself.  Are these messages that appear in the status bar...like the limit switch triggered messages?  Is it on all the time?  What should I be looking for?  I don't remember it being mentioned in the on-line manual or the tutorial videos, so I totally clueless.
Bill (the Cat) Shubert

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 03:31:22 PM »
I honestly don't know Bill.
It just appeared in one of the Mach updates and is not documented anywhere.

"What should you be looking for?"
Well it depends on what you changed or prompted it, so look at the prompt and ask yourself ....is that ok , if not change what is not appropriate.
RICH

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 04:47:15 PM »
Heres a few screenshots showing the LED as Normal Condition, then the Flashing Abnormal, Next is the message when you single click and finally the OK box if you double click.
Hood