Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:22:30 AM

Author Topic: How to use the Run From Here option.  (Read 16328 times)

How to use the Run From Here option.
« on: August 05, 2009, 09:41:50 PM »
Hi fellas. Just wanted to say thank you to all for the great help and advice you've given. My cnc router has been buzzin away with no problems for over a month!
I haven't yet learned how to cycle start other than in the beginning of the program. If I want to start somewhere say in the middle of the program, what must I do?
So far, I have had to run the program all the way from the beginning if I want to get to a certain tool change or M00 command and it wastes a lot of time.

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
Re: How to use the Run From Here option.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 01:23:46 AM »
Basically you go to the line you want to start from (you can observe the tool path window while looking for the desired line) and click the Run From Here button followed by the Cycle Start button. There will appear a pop up window notifying you of the preparation move Mach has to do first. In this window you will see the position coordinates the machine will go to after the preparation move.

If you have safe Z moves enabled, then check the safe Z is defined ok and the tool won't hit anything. If you don't have a safe Z, you can set a rapid height in the preparation move window. Also, you may need to tick the Start Spindle checkbox.

Daniel

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 01:28:50 AM »
Oh... and after the preparation move takes place you have to click the Cycle Start button again to start running the program from that place.

Daniel

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 02:00:15 AM »
Also worth mentioning is Run from Here is disabled if you are just using the Demo version of Mach.
Hood

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 06:51:23 AM »
Didn't know that.

Daniel
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 02:31:15 PM »
Ok, thanks a lot fellas. Your help is golden!
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 01:50:25 PM »
Hi,

I click the set next line button then the run from here....
What is the set next line button for?

Cheers
Derek
You can "chop it off" but can't "chop it on"
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 03:18:26 PM »
I do not know if I am lame, or there is a bug somewhere...
MACH+SS

I select a line, click run from here.... then if offers some coordinates for preparation move, but then the the machine does some weird movements... what can be the reason? It is e.g. at Z 2... prep move is for Z 3 *and some x y movements are involved* but then it lowers the Z first DOWN... WHY? I have broken quite some tools already and damaged a few fixtures thinking logically, but seems I miss a point or... ?

Oh, not to mention, if I want a run from here option with a program with subroutines, (G52 shift before each sub call) then things become even more strange...

hm, if I go on a line and click run from here what is mach supposed to do?
I think it should run from beginning to figure out where it has to be, and the selected line is the one to be executed, so it should move to the position of the end of the previous line... no? or something similar at least....

Please give advice.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 03:21:17 PM by hunserv »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 03:38:41 PM »
Do you have safeZ set up? If so what do you have for it?
Hood
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 03:42:58 PM »
Never messed with it... My guess is no, but I will check it to be sure.
btw. what should it do with safe Z?