Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 04:53:29 PM

Author Topic: Trouble with backlash compensation and fast movements  (Read 7510 times)

Re: Trouble with backlash compensation and fast movements
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 05:36:32 PM »
So leave your accel at 2 and drop the vel to 35, backlash at 50%  and test.
You want to have  " torque head room" such that the velocity is not to high for a change in cutter / material / etc
 and still have some extra left for backlash implementation.  Sort of like a v8 engine in a small car but you only
do speed limit but have a reserve should it be needed. In the case of the steppers your just running them below
an upper limit so they won't skip if you go out of your normal operation too far.

RICH

When you say backlash at 50%, do you mean the "backlash % speed of max" in the backlash dialog or the shuttle value?

Thanks,
Jason

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 05:45:44 PM »
"backlash % speed of max"
Sorry about that,
RICH
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 05:47:20 PM »
"backlash % speed of max"
Sorry about that,
RICH

Thanks Rich, I will give this all a try as soon as I get home and report back. Hopefully with good news!

Thanks,
Jason

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 05:50:48 PM »
While your playing around, try a setting where the velocity and acceleration are equal they don't skip, just for kicks!
RICH
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 01:58:00 AM »
Well, I think I got it figured out. I tried a ton of different settings but the one that seemed to fix the problem is the shuttle speed from .005 to .05. With that setting changed I can run up to 50 IPM with no problems. I didn't test any higher. After making that change I kept changing velocity, accel, backlash and such but the fix held unless I changed shuttle back to .005. So, I think that's the one! I cut a nice, round circular pocket with BLC on at 24 IPM and it came out round within a few thousandths. Good enough for me!

Thanks very much for your help and pointers. I wouldn't have thought to look there without it.

Thanks,
Jason