Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 05:33:28 AM

Author Topic: retrieve value of tool radius  (Read 3548 times)

retrieve value of tool radius
« on: August 02, 2009, 03:30:23 AM »
I want to use whatever tool I have in the machine as a probe. I want the tool radius automatically taken off the probe touch point. You can do it by manually by inserting the measurement into your probeing program, but I want it automatically done with what ever tool is loaded. To so so I need the value. Is it assigned to a variable in Mach3. If so I can call that from the program.
How I use the tool as a probe is the table is insulated on a sheet of perspex. The screws that hold it down are in plastic inserts I made.The machine has one lead and the table has the other from the probe input and as such when they touch it signals contact. I don't have to change from probe to tool all the time.
Hope someone can help?

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: retrieve value of tool radius
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 08:59:33 AM »
To do this the machine has to have very accurate homing, then the position of the setter to the home position relative to the spindle centre has to be known and put into your probe routine for you to do the maths.

Graham
Without engineers the world stops

vmax549

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 05:32:28 PM »
OK lets me see if I understand you correctly. You want to probe a "tool" for it radius and then apply it to the tool table? Same as we do the tool length?

THis would best be served by moving this thread over to the VB section(;-)  This may take a while(;-)

ADMIN can you do that??

(;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 07:47:34 AM »
Hoss has solved all my problems. He even wrote the files for me. He's my hero.
Now I don't have to swap the tool for the probe. Have a look at his latest vidios on youtube.
Thanks once again Hoss.