Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:07:52 AM

Author Topic: A axis display  (Read 5887 times)

A axis display
« on: August 25, 2006, 09:16:39 AM »
Created a program to engrave a design on a cylinder.  When I try and display the toolpath it does not properly display the A axis (Version D1.90.071). It shows the X axis movements but there is no rotational movement, although the A readout looks correct.

I am not sure if I do not have something turned on correctly.  Would appreciate any insight.

Thanks

Dan
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 09:18:32 AM by dfurlano »
Re: A axis display
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 11:55:39 AM »
Nice looking file :) Put in the Dia of the stock that you are cutting into the Rot Dia of the a Axis on the settings screen
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 12:35:20 PM »
Thanks Brian.  I tried the A dia settings but it still does not display correctly.  Here are pics of the toolpath and settings screen.

Dan.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 06:34:05 PM »
Did you turn on A axis under config toolpath? if you do that you will get a file that looks like this :)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 07:35:52 PM »
OK works, Thanks.  :)

But why is everything backwards?  It is even that way on your screen.  :-\

Dan
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 07:58:19 PM »
I think Art added something to reverse it... check under the config.. and tell me if it is cutting right

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 08:41:32 PM »
I looked under toolpath and could not find anything that reverses the image. 

I cut this pattern this morning and it actually worked fine and the words came out correct.

Dan.
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 08:44:15 PM »
it may be in the newer version.. he told me something about it but I think I was in la la land    ::)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 10:15:29 PM »
So this is my first project trying and take a 2D image and wrap it around a cylinder.  This is going to be a ten year anniversary ring pen with Irish accents. (I make pens).

Here is the test part.  I used a scrap piece of wood and filled the engraving with black CA.  The finished part will be Irish Bog Oak (which is black in color) with silver leaf filling the engraving.  Things were going rather well till I lost the Z zero and the tool crashed into the barrel on the bottom text.  But got enough of it done to prove the design.  Need to change the font.

Sides

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 09:22:36 PM »
Hi, Dan

Your art work looks nice.

It's a Gremlin in the view screen code, Art is aware of it, apparently it's some tricky code a real pain to deal with.

My experience is if it loads backwards or reverses after moving the view around, Mouse click on view and move it around several times it will view properly at some point.

Hope this Helps, Chip