Poll

My Motors do not Jog properly

Board
0 (0%)
Configure
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: July 22, 2009, 03:21:13 PM

Author Topic: Motor drive problems  (Read 3516 times)

Offline Toad

•  58 58
    • View Profile
Motor drive problems
« on: July 17, 2009, 03:21:13 PM »
I have a 4 motor Rocliff control board. When I jog X+ it runs OK, When i jog X - it runs the same direction. When I jog Y+ nothing happens although the monitor shows that it is running. When I jog z+ Y runs and when I jog Y- it runs the same direction. The forth motor A never runs. Z and A need to run the same, How do I configure this to run properly, or is it a board problem?  
Any help will be greatfull.

Thanks
Re: Motor drive problems
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 05:03:11 PM »
did you ever figure out this problem?  Im having the same problem and looking for help.

Thanks

Offline Toad

•  58 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 07:54:51 PM »
Its been a while, but it was in the ports and pins configure.  The Y and A was to sinc the two motors. That is also in the configure menu.

Toad
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 01:51:39 AM »
I have a three axis board form "Mechatronics" I have hooked everything up and configured pins and ports accordingly. the board is OK, I haven't shorted out anything but my Y axis doesn't work X and Z work perfectly But the Damb Y is killing me I have tried everything I can think of but not good enough. Please help. E mail:  frmco@sbcglobal.net. I live in CA, LA if someone can help me one on one I''l be very greatfull thnx.

Offline Toad

•  58 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 10:09:06 AM »
Hi;

Check to see if the motor locks up when power is turned on. When power is applied, all motors should lock up. if not check your wiring. I had a bad wire connection on mine. also check your couplings and assure they are not slipping. If all else fails, replace the motor with one that is working to be sure the motor is not bad. Most boards have a place to check output voltage going to the motor. It may still be in your board.

Toad