Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:36:09 AM

Author Topic: Wirting Message to Status Area via Brain  (Read 3465 times)

Wirting Message to Status Area via Brain
« on: July 16, 2009, 04:13:04 PM »
What is the OEM code to write text to the "Status" area located at the bottom of Mach's Program-Run screen?

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Wirting Message to Status Area via Brain
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 08:17:50 PM »
you cant do it directly with a Brain.

you will need to have your message in something like Macropump, and have it watch an input or other event that is driven via the Brian (or macropump), and when that event happens, have it post your message. (note you will need to do an interlock in Macropump so that it will only send the message once).

scott
fun times
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 01:15:16 AM »
Thank you for the reply.

I read your user guide for Brains which was very helpful.

I have another question. I'd like to update a local brain variable with an encoder DRO value only when  another condition exists. The other condition is the status of an ouput signal. Basically I am trying to do an IF statement. If the output is high, then update the brain variable with the encoder DRO vlaue; otherwise leave the variable at the same value it was before. I don't really see how to logically combine two rows and have the output of that combination some value other than the logical combination of the two inputs. I think I am trying to do more than what a brain is designed to do.

Thanks,
Kent

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 05:52:45 PM »
your correct
fun times