Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 08:03:42 PM

Author Topic: Z axis returning to zero between multipasses  (Read 3286 times)

Z axis returning to zero between multipasses
« on: July 16, 2009, 06:00:50 AM »
Hi
I have started another thread in another section awhile ago, but it didnt get resolved, so Ill try it here, and even post an .lcam file with multipass, and the G-code for it

old thread: http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,10821.msg67716.html#msg67716

Hope someone has the sollution for this.

Best reg
Cory

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Z axis returning to zero between multipasses
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 09:46:31 AM »
Cory,
I will take a look at it.
RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 11:45:36 AM »
Cory,
You can manually modify the gcode by removing each of the Z retract lines, thus it would finish one pass and then just plunge down for the next ( which i don't recommend ) or maybe modify each such that the Z retract is smaller, but,that's still manually changing the code.

The reason you are retracting the Z is to allow coolant to flush out chips from the cutter and groove.

I fooled with tool and cut depth settings but couldn't find something that would incrementally change the retract.
Maybe "Chip" has something in his bag of tricks as he is more versed in LazyCam than i am.

RICH
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 12:37:56 PM »
OK, I tried removing the command  retracting it to 0,1 (this is actually the value entered in the plunge clearence in posting options), and it acted like i wanted to.

I am only routing wood, so in my opinion its the same if it plunges directly after finishing one pass as it is if it has been retracted.

Thanx for your effort, and mabye someone else has some ideas to "chip" in with...get it?:)

Best reg
Cory

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 07:33:05 PM »
Hi, Cory

There are some example post's you can try to modify, I'll dig them up, But the master list is incomplete.

Chip