Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:53:00 AM

Author Topic: tool offset's  (Read 3431 times)

tool offset's
« on: July 15, 2009, 10:39:18 AM »
Hi Brian
I have an on going problem with Mach and the way it Read's the tool offset, i am using D2NC to generate the G-code file from a DXF i first sent the file to Graham of D2NC and he sent it back with the fact it's abug in Mach i know you have been working on this i am using the R3.043.000 version can you say when this might get fixed thanks.

Dennis 

Offline Bill_O

•  562 562
    • View Profile
Re: tool offset's
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 10:45:07 AM »
Dennis,
What problem are you having? Is it the length? I have been using that with no problem.
Bill
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 11:32:23 AM »
no it's not the length the tool becomes offset to the inside of the material on leed in then moves to the outside for the cut so it makes a t slot in the material where mach performs a leed in i can work around it but it becomes very lengthy having to re due the design everytime there was supposed to be a fix coming for this at least i thought so as this is not the first time i have reported it.

Dennis

vmax549

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 07:24:22 PM »
THat sounds like a CAM problem not a gcode problem. ALL mach does is interput what the code says. AND here mach seems to work ok with TC.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 10:35:53 AM »
TP
 thanks for the reply,in your response lies the problem i am a end user and one software company Say's it's the others program not theirs, D2NC has been truthfully in admitting a problem in there program so who do you be leave I have seen post here on the forum from others having this problem and found other bug's in mach, when updates are released they are to fix a bug and say so what's a guy to do i hear a lot about a new version addressing video and offset problems bit it's been several months since any new releases have come out, when i first purchased Mach i intended to use it on my lathe and was advised that lathe would be up and running in about 2-3 month's it's been close to 3 yrs and still not finished just need it work as hard as i do.

Dennis
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 12:37:14 PM »
Thanks to chip for helping me out on this file and to the other's who have replied to whom without there help guy's like me would be stuck to figure it out thanks guy's

Dennis