Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:31:45 PM

Author Topic: lazycam wont do pockets or offsets  (Read 2912 times)

lazycam wont do pockets or offsets
« on: July 09, 2009, 11:37:35 AM »
Hi guys, i have a PRO version of lazycam(license bought 2 or so years ago) and last week i was using it and it was working great then my hard drive died, ordered new one, reinstalled Win XP, reinstalled mach3 and lazycam, put license into mach3 folder.

When I open lazycam> help> about> it shows that its PRO version and my name, i import pretty much same dxf i was working on last week with just few hole positions shifted, go to use offset and all it seems to do is make offset for 0 dia tool, and tool is set up properly with diam, feed rate, plunge speed, spindle speed etc all set to what i want it to be.

Any one have any input? i reinstalled lazycam thinking it might help but didnt do anything, even installed it on spare older laptop which has clean install of xp with nothing else installed on it and still doing same

Any input is welcome, Thanks..
Re: lazycam wont do pockets or offsets
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 11:39:44 AM »
P.S.: i tried even using different diameter tools to see if it was my tool set up wrong and still same problems

i'm trying to use 3/16" end mill with about .080 depth of cut
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 11:49:34 AM by rustamd »
Re: lazycam wont do pockets or offsets
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 11:49:16 AM »
huh, just got last weeks dxf from mill computer and it seems to work fine, seems problem is in my dxf