Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:08:30 AM

Author Topic: Timed coolant pulse? ( Now with brain questions)  (Read 3629 times)

Offline tjhj

•  26 26
    • View Profile
Timed coolant pulse? ( Now with brain questions)
« on: July 09, 2009, 02:58:24 AM »
Hello all and thank you for taking the time to answer this.

Ok so I cant find it in the manual, I am a failure at searching forums, I never can find what i want.

Is there a way to configure Mach3 so that when coolant is on.. Standard Flood that it just gives a small squirt of coolant? For example, on 1 second every 30 seconds. Other than programming in coolant on and then off again every so often in my G-code?

Thank you for the help and time,

TJ
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 03:35:53 PM by tjhj »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Timed coolant pulse?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 03:16:05 AM »
You could probably do it via the M8 macro and a Brain, if you write the M8 macro to activate a User  LED then you could have a Brain look at that LED and operate the output that you have the coolant connected to. You can set up the brain to be a timer so that it switches the output to the way you require. You would also need a M9 macro to switch your LED off again once you are finished with the coolant.
Hood

Offline tjhj

•  26 26
    • View Profile
Re: Timed coolant pulse?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 03:35:24 PM »
Is there anywhere I can go to see some documentation on the brains? My brain is having issues with this brain....(yeah I know its probably been said 100 times)

So I found I can look at the coolant LED status.

I am thinking I can start the timer module based on that.

But is this like linear logic?

For example Input Coolant LED -> Timer Module -> Coolant Pump Output (Will this simply be on or off based on the timer status? eg abc settings)

Do I need to reset it each time?
If it hits a false will it stop and then go back to the start or do I need to force it to loop?
Will it stop mid timer action if the LED is no longer on?

Do I have to compare it to a variable to get a true of false to move on?
Coolant LED -> Timer Module -> Comparator action (see below) -> Coolant Pump Output

(What is the timer passing in here? Its current time? The pulse count?) - > Comparator Action
-> |Formula - A % 30 (A modulus 30, so its 0 every 30 seconds) | -> | Compare Imm - A == 0 if this does not satisfy does it just stop here or will it wait until it does satisfy the conditions? |  - > |Output - Will this be on if it makes it here and off if not? Or does it have to be turned on and off? |

Thanks for the help with this.
TJ

Offline tjhj

•  26 26
    • View Profile
Re: Timed coolant pulse? ( Solved mostly)
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 03:52:36 PM »
Wow never mind I just decided to try and see very easy.

If anyone wants to use a timed pulse setup here is how to do it.

Set the flood on output to an unused output.

Make a new brain.

|Input - Led - 13 - Flood on | -> |Timer Module A = 0, B = Pump On Time, C = Off Time, Accumulative - Off, Single Shot - Off| -> |Terminate - Output - Your coolant pump output number |

and voila

Can I use a brain variable from a dro to change the pulse times?

Thanks,
TJ

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Timed coolant pulse? ( Now with brain questions)
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 05:13:47 PM »
Dont think you can use a DRO, then again theres a lot I dont know :)
Hood