Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:15:13 AM

Author Topic: Best Controller for a 6 axis system  (Read 2832 times)

Best Controller for a 6 axis system
« on: July 07, 2009, 08:20:35 PM »
Hello all,

I am curious as to what to do now.  I currently have a 6-axis system from a vendor who does not need to be named.  I am looking at getting away from this current controller and move to a more reliable, "open ended" system.  I have spent all of today looking at different controllers, and I think i have a pretty good idea, but I would like to hear from YOU on what you think the best system for me might be.

What I need:
6-axis of movement, simultaneous
E-Stop/safety mechanism
6 output (can be relay or I can install manual relays)
1 analog output (0-10vDC), if I had two that would even be better.
...  And the big one...

Not parallel port controlled.  It can hook up to a device like the Smooth Stepper, but I don't want to use the parallel port on the computer.

My choices, in order of what I think will work the best:

DSPMC/IP from vital systems.
I think this would be the best controller, but I have some questions I need to talk to them about, mainly the servo control, and gecko drive compatability.

Smooth Stepper system
with the following boards from cnc4pc.com
C17 Master Control
C25 Smooth Stepper Terminal Board
C14 - Analog Signal converter

Earlier I was looking into using a G-REX system ,but after talking to the folks at gecko, they talked me out of it (maybe because they don't support it after the firmware flash)

So let me know what you think I should do.  I need to get something purchased this week (preferably the next day or two) to get this system up and going.

I look forward to hearing what you think I should use.

Thanks!!

vmax549

Re: Best Controller for a 6 axis system
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 09:40:13 PM »
(;-) TP
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 09:44:34 PM by vmax549 »