Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:43:29 PM

Author Topic: outputs frome keyboard strokes?  (Read 3944 times)

outputs frome keyboard strokes?
« on: July 07, 2009, 05:22:24 PM »
I am trying to get any key on the keyboard to send an output signal to the breakout board.   Seems easy enough but i sure can't get it.  any ideas?

I'm trying to just control a torch tip up or down while it runs and isolated from the program running
Re: outputs frome keyboard strokes?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 10:04:19 PM »
Put a button on the screen that has VB coded in it to activate the output. There are many examples of this in the VB section of this forum.

Assign a hot key to the button.

If you dont want to see the button on the screen make it real small, or hide it on the edge.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 05:04:00 PM »
ok,,  I got screen 4   made  a button, i can get a hot key on it but no VB.  Can't figure that part out

can you attach a link to someone doing that?
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 07:01:50 PM »
To add VB code to a button you must first use screen4 to make it a VB button. Then open the screen, use the menu bar, operator, then Edit Button Script. All the buttons that are defined as Vb will blink, click the one you want to edit. An editor window will open.

see the VB topic in this forum for examples of button code.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 07:27:54 PM »
Hi, Denverwelder

In screen4 set the button up for VB Script...., Then as Ron stated.

Chip

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 03:25:46 AM »
Not sure if you will be able to achieve what you are wanting, making an output work from a hotkey is easy enough as mentioned by the others but actually having that output work whilst code is running may be a different thing. How have you got the torch height controlled? If you are wanting to work it independant of the code running then would it not just be as easy to do it totally externally to Mach/BOB etc and just have a real switch?
 There are buttons within Mach for varying Torch Height manually, I did test it out a year or two back for someone and it did work but afraid I have forgotten what was needed. If that is what you are aiming for then a search of the forum should bring something up.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 11:41:56 AM »

I have an external switch doing it now, but i was wanting to have one controller to control some functions in mach 3 as well as the torch

I found the VB script option on the menu posted  above, butIi cant figure out what to do once its checked.   

Thanks for all you help guys