Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:37:48 AM

Author Topic: MDI history window question  (Read 3500 times)

MDI history window question
« on: July 02, 2009, 04:31:10 PM »
I'm tweaking the Tormach screenset for my own usability and have run into a problem.

In the OEM version, the MDI input box is below the toolpath window.  I use it all the time, but wear bifocals and wanted to put it higher:

Unfortunately, when active the MDI history window obscures the axis DRO's since it is above the MDI box.

I can't find an option to move the history window, or specify the number of lines shown as I can on the gcode window.

Is it possible to to either?

Thanks.

Randy
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 04:38:40 PM by zephyr9900 »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: MDI history window question
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 05:10:53 PM »
Can you attach the Tormach screenset please.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 05:40:47 PM »
Hood, here's my current tweaked version.  Even though the Tormach original version is freely available in the software download from their site, they do assert copyright on it (John Prentice developed it) and I don't feel right posting the original here.

Randy

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 07:21:32 PM »
Randy,

The MDI windows history window is not editable, it shows your last commands, and Brain would have put some kind of option inside mach3 to give you that kind of control.
so in a nut shell you stuck with were the history window is, (above the MDI line), as well as the max number of lines it shows.

you could do it in flash but that would be FAR more trouble than it is worth.

scott
fun times
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 11:05:25 PM »
The MDI windows history window is not editable,
That is not good news for my cunningly devised screen mod, Scott. :(  But thank you for the information. :)  I was a little too clever, it seems...

Randy