Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:47:42 AM

Author Topic: x axis stops  (Read 4170 times)

x axis stops
« on: July 01, 2009, 07:18:53 PM »
I am trying to cut a rectangle and the x axis stops since I have steppers the dro continues and the program thinks it is running  if I switch the x and y motors the y stops so it isn't  a motor, ending the program motors run fine also seems to work in non newfangled wizards any chance this is being caused by the wizard?

thanks

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: x axis stops
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 09:40:03 PM »
Is this the new computer or the one you were having problems with?

RICH
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 10:00:09 PM »
Hey rich new computer mach3 works fine as far as I can tell have done 10 hrs/day on it last 3 days no crashes that said seems strange this problem is only happening with this wizard as far as I can tell,  but why is beyond me.  I thought it was heat build-up in motor maybe but put on a new motor and it happens every time I use this wizard I will program through alibre cam tomorrow to see if it is ok. unfortunately there were no other wizards to do a rectangulat groove.

John
Plastec
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 10:01:26 PM »
by the way I was using newfangled solutions wizard package
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 10:15:42 PM »
Once a wizard has created a file and returns to Mach you are  simply running gcode, the wizards are no longer in control. I see no way a wizard could cause a machine to fail like this, unless you have requested a feed rate greater than your machine can handle.

Can you post the code generated by the wizard.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 10:19:41 PM »
Can you post the code?
I haven't used all the wizards form NFS so I am curious.

What version of Mach3 and what version of NFS wizard?

You may want to make a post in the NFS thread or take a look there and see if anybody else has had a problem.
RICH