Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:47:00 AM

Author Topic: Are We Losing CNC Vendors???  (Read 6433 times)

Are We Losing CNC Vendors???
« on: July 01, 2009, 01:20:10 PM »
I've been shopping for BOBs lately, to replace the bug-infested one I have now, and I'm wondering if some of our suppliers have perhaps gone belly up?  I first wanted to go to Peter Homann.  I found several dead links and other rather obvious problems on the website, which left me wondering he's still operating.  An e-mail has gone unanswered for several days now.  I started looking elsewhere, and stumbled across CandCNC.com.  Their website is an absolute disaster!  MANY dead links, a LOT of obviously wrong and out-of-date information.  Their "Special Deals" expired in Feb 2008!

So, anybody know if these guys are still in business?  Just on vacation?  Have we lost them?

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Are We Losing CNC Vendors???
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 01:38:08 PM »
Tom from CandCNC posts regularly on CNC Zone under the name Torchhead. Definately still in business, and I agree, their website really sucks. Pretty sure Peter is still in business as well.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 02:04:21 PM »
Tom from CandCNC posts regularly on CNC Zone under the name Torchhead. Definately still in business, and I agree, their website really sucks. Pretty sure Peter is still in business as well.

Well, I did just hear from Tom Caudle, so all is apparently well with CandCNC.  He indicated he is working on a new website.  Now, where is Peter?

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 06:23:31 PM »
More good news!  Peter Homann is also still out there, just buried in work!

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 02:44:18 AM »
More good news!  Peter Homann is also still out there, just buried in work!

Regards,
Ray L.

I emailed Peter and got a response, he is catching up with the orders - mine is winging its way as we speak!
I was beginning to worry...I have ordered 2 x DC-06 speed controllers a while ago and was thinking they got lost on the way.

So - panic over ......:)

ATB

Derek

« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 03:00:57 AM by derekbpcnc »
You can "chop it off" but can't "chop it on"
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 07:04:13 AM »
Hi Guys,

As far as CNC vendors go, I'm sure I'm at the smaller end. In fact I still need a day job as a Systems Engineer to pay the Mortgage.  Every now and again I get sent interstate for a day or two which causes distruptions to my Homann Designs business.

All of the boards I sell are designed and manufactured by myself. I don't get stuff made by cheap labour in other countries or take shortcuts. I design the circuits, do the pcb layouts, write the manuals, do the SMT assembly with a pick and place machine and do the through hole assembly with a soldering robot or by hand. Test the boards, pack the orders, and ship them.

Every now and then I get a bit behind, instead of an order being shipped out in a day or 2, it may take 5 or 6. That said, I do endevor to get things done as soon as possible.

One of the frustations is that I have a mind full of ideas that I want to investigate and implement, but struggle to find the time to do so. So in the end my new developments  occur too slowly, as does the documentation. In the end many of the ideas will stay just that, ideas.

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com

vmax549

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 11:56:51 AM »
Ray , Peter's stuff is top self (;-) AND Peter is as well.

(;-) TP
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 12:36:30 PM »
I will have 4 of the DC-06 speed controllers and can say that the quality and functionality is superb.
My hat off to to Peter - keep up the good work, there are a lot of us that appreciate the service you provide.
Be assured of my continuing cutom.....

ATB

Derek
You can "chop it off" but can't "chop it on"
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 01:37:36 PM »
I will have 4 of the DC-06 speed controllers and can say that the quality and functionality is superb.
My hat off to to Peter - keep up the good work, there are a lot of us that appreciate the service you provide.
Be assured of my continuing cutom.....

ATB

Derek

I'll get to see for myself real soon now.  I just ordered two BOBs, a spindle controller and a ModBus board!  :-)

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 06:03:04 PM »
Yes, Peter is tops in my book.
No western union payments. Peter knows what  I mean. :D

Ed
Ed VanEss