Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:18:42 AM

Author Topic: Probe plug in - any fix yet - the old double point bug.  (Read 11710 times)

Probe plug in - any fix yet - the old double point bug.
« on: June 30, 2009, 01:04:11 AM »
probing right now gives two sets of points per probe this makes it impossible to create surfaces with CAD applications.  Is there an hope that some good soul could check out what is going on?  The plugin is fubar because of this.  Thanks !

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Probe plug in - any fix yet - the old double point bug.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 07:01:07 PM »
which probing plugin are you speaking of..........  there are  a few........ can you give a link?

scott
fun times
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 07:40:21 PM »
From main page

http://www.machsupport.com/plugins.php

I have read allot of posts about people getting two sets of dots, often cited as a problem with the plug in.   Curious though if it is just cheap probes getting false reads when the mill head stops retracting.  There have been allot of posts regarding this as a bug.  My probe is also giving sterio dots.  Is somethign wrong with the plug in?

thanks

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 05:14:57 PM »
Rich,

I would need a link or copy of the source code, to look into it and see if I could find the problem.
do you have a link or copy of the source code?

scott
fun times
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 05:47:25 PM »
I dont know who made it.  Does anyone?

vmax549

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 10:12:23 PM »
SCOTT I believe they are referring to ARTS probing plugin. THat is the only one known to give the double points

(;-) TP
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 03:25:10 PM »
Is this double point thing truely a bug? Or is it caused by bounce? 

How can this plugin be available if its broken?

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 03:44:32 PM »
I sent Art and message asking if he would send a copy to me of the source code for the probing plugin. If he does I will see if there is an "Undocumented Feature" vs. you may be getting bouncing from your probe.....

you could set your debounce up to like 400ms (or higher),  just for kicks to see if it loads a double point.

scott
fun times
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 04:31:19 PM »
I sent Art and message asking if he would send a copy to me of the source code for the probing plugin. If he does I will see if there is an "Undocumented Feature" vs. you may be getting bouncing from your probe.....

you could set your debounce up to like 400ms (or higher),  just for kicks to see if it loads a double point.

scott

Thanks Scott,

How do i change debounce to 400ms?  My probe itself is not adjustable.  I did not see an option in the plugin.  Getting this plugin to work right would really change my work flow.

Thanks!

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 08:32:06 PM »
under general config

I looked it over, I dont see a place where it is doucle writing, so I suspect your getting a bounce on the switch.

scott
fun times