Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:17:48 AM

Author Topic: Link OEM LED to output pin  (Read 4564 times)

Link OEM LED to output pin
« on: June 26, 2009, 12:18:53 AM »
I would like to connect an OEM LED to an output pin. For example, I would like to turn on lights on a status board when certain LEDs are on. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Link OEM LED to output pin
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 02:00:21 AM »
Brain would be the easy way, just have it look at the LED, pass the signal with no operation and then have the terminator as the required OutPut.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 02:17:31 AM »
Thanks - however I know nothing about Brain. Where / how do I learn how to do this?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 02:58:13 AM »
I believe there is a video showing how to use them but  for simple things like that you should manage to do it quite quickly with a few minutes messing around.
 To start making a Brain go to Operator menu the Edit Brains. when the Brains window opens click on the black + a box will appear and you want to choose LED and then from the list the one you wish to use. Next, making sure the box you have just made is green in colour, press the black + again and choose "No Operation Pass Signal" then finally choose the Green terminator symbol and from that choose OutPuts then the output you wish.
 Make sure you save the Brain then go to Operator menu again and this time choose Brain Control. Choose Reload All Brains and your brain should appear, enable it then exit and your Brain should now be working.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 03:49:41 AM »
Thanks. I watched the video and have it working per your instructions.

Initially I tried to do a comparison on the LED and that does not seem to work. In the Brain View the LED value toggles 0/1 for off/on but a comparison to either 0 or 1 does not yield any result. The terminator is always zero. I even tried a Greater Than Zero and the terminator was still 0 when the LED was 1. This would seem to be a problem if I want to test for a particular combination of LEDS on and off.  Am I missing something?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 04:17:11 AM »
Does it work when you pass signal with no operation?
 If yes then to compare several different  you could use AND's,  OR's etc

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 04:26:41 AM »
Hers a bit out of one of the Brains I use, you will see I am comparing three different inputs to the Brain and only if all three are true will the Brain activate the output.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 05:07:41 AM »
Yes, works fine with passthrough.
Thanks for the sample. I need to do some experimenting and looking at other brains I assume are posted.
I appreciate the help.