Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:06:04 PM

Author Topic: how to hook up my E-STOP  (Read 5009 times)

Offline josh

•  101 101
    • View Profile
how to hook up my E-STOP
« on: June 20, 2009, 02:40:50 AM »
hello to everyone again.
I am trying to see if anyone knows how to do this I have this sherline mill  I retrofited with new motors and a knew BOB  the way I am controlling the (ON and OFF button) for the spindle is I always have to push the e-stop relay, know you know that that is not wired to my BOB and also I control the speed by a speed control knob.
what I would like to do is wire the e-stop button relay to my BOB that way when I post my g-code the spindle turns on and off by using the G-CODE that way I won't have to use the e-stop button by hand. I would just like to use it for an emergency  just like it suppose to be use.
my question is I dont know how to wire it to BOB  if any one has any suddjestion on how to wire it up can you please let me know how by just drawing a simple diagram.
thanks  in advance.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 04:35:53 AM by josh »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: how to hook up my E-STOP
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 04:50:58 AM »
Can you draw a siagram of how yours is set up at the moment, it may allow someone to tell you the info you are seeking.
 Normally E-Stop buttons are two pole NC switches, one goes to the BOB and allows the software to know of an E-Stop. The other pole usually cuts the AC Power to the drives and so stops motion.
 Hood

Offline olf20

•  325 325
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 08:48:51 PM »
Hi Josh,
Attached is a copy of a generic diagram for most common outputs.
Let me know if I can help!!
olf20 / Bob
Mach3, Atlas Knee Mill, 4th Axis, VcarvePro, ESS, Super PID.
Been Heating with corn since 1998

Offline josh

•  101 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 03:15:02 AM »
ok here I go again.
on the first picture 100_0200 and second picture 100_0204 you can see the relay (E-STOP "RED BUTTON") that is connected to the variable speed control and from the speed control it goes  to a board that controls the on and off  spindle.

the two white wires are not hooked up to anything I think they were also hooked up to the relay I just dont remember how they go. to me it seems like when you open the door the machine also acks like a e-stop at this moment I have the door off  but you can see the two magnets one with the two wires hooked up and the other one was hooked up to the door. picture 100_0205.

the last picture you can see the E-STOP (red button)  and the variable speed knob. at this moment I use the red button  as  my ON and OFF spindle button.
I would like to use it the way it suppose to be use as an (E-STOP) and when I post it on my post and it says M03 it will turn on the spindle.
picture 100_0206

if any one can help I would really appreciated.
thank you.

Offline josh

•  101 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 03:16:16 AM »
ok here I go again.
on the first picture 100_0200 and second picture 100_0204 you can see the relay (E-STOP "RED BUTTON") that is connected to the variable speed control and from the speed control it goes  to a board that controls the on and off  spindle.

the two white wires are not hooked up to anything I think they were also hooked up to the relay I just dont remember how they go. to me it seems like when you open the door the machine also acks like a e-stop at this moment I have the door off  but you can see the two magnets one with the two wires hooked up and the other one was hooked up to the door. picture 100_0205.

the last picture you can see the E-STOP (red button)  and the variable speed knob. at this moment I use the red button  as  my ON and OFF spindle button.
I would like to use it the way it suppose to be use as an (E-STOP) and when I post it on my post and it says M03 it will turn on the spindle.
picture 100_0206

if any one can help I would really appreciated.
thank you.

this thing does not let me upload my pictures