Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 10:38:15 PM

Author Topic: can't get feed hold to work  (Read 3516 times)

Offline fast89

•  154 154
    • View Profile
can't get feed hold to work
« on: June 19, 2009, 10:28:47 PM »
I built a control panel with a bunch of switches interfacing with a pokeys. The only one i'm having problems with is the pause or feed hold. I've changed to different pins on the board, didn't work. I changed the keys from space to shift-f and it worked. Changed back to space key and it doesn't work. I can change the hotkey to anything i want but i would like to keep the space key as the hotkey. Am i missing something?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: can't get feed hold to work
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 10:32:22 PM »
Sounds to me like you may have the space key assigned somewhere else to a different function. Could possibly be in your screen set.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline fast89

•  154 154
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 07:19:45 AM »
it is still the original screen set that i removed/added a few things to. The space bar is only used for feed hold as far as i know.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 07:59:24 AM »
Machscreen screen designer can be found in its on board that can help you find out if it is assgned to something else in the screen. Intall Machscreen, open your screen, go to view, hotkeys. Make sure it isn't found twice. Not just Ansi code, but the key its self. Make sure it isn't used in combination with a modifier key as well. Also make sure it is be use to imulate any thing in ports/pins, input/outputs.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline fast89

•  154 154
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 09:18:31 AM »
looks like the space key  is only used for pause on the various screens. I've found no modifiers with the space key either.