Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:12:05 AM

Author Topic: VCarve Pro Version 3.1 Released  (Read 7888 times)

VCarve Pro Version 3.1 Released
« on: August 19, 2006, 03:14:21 PM »
We are pleased to announce that Version 3.1 of VCarve Pro has been released. This is a free update for all registered users of VCarve Wizard and VCarve Pro. All registered users have been e-mailed with the new download details, so let us know if you haven't received this information.

Below is a list of the new features and changes since version 3.0 was launched at the beginning of July.

Circular Arc Output - G02 / G03

This is the major change for version 3.1. Profile and Pocketing toolpaths created from designs which contain arcs will now be output with G02 / G03 moves. New postprocessors have been included for Mach3 and using these output options reduces the size of toolpath files and gives smoother and higher quality machined edges.

As well as changes to the program, we have also had to modify the postprocessors to support the new commands. Therefore, when you go to save a toolpath with the new version check if there is a PostProcessor available with the word 'Arcs' in the description.

If there is not an arc postprocessor for your machine, and your machine supports circular arc output, please contact support@vectric.com and we will look at creating an updated post.

Preserve Arcs & Beziers When Welding

In previous versions, when two vectors were 'welded' together the resulting vector approximated any arcs and beziers in the shape with short straight line segments. This made it hard to edit the shapes subsequently. With version 3.1 the arcs and beziers are preserved wherever possible making the design process much more enjoyable.

Miscellaneous Improvements

Added align horizontal and align vertical icons to drawing tab
    Display warning if import AI/EPS/PDF files which only contain bitmap data
    Set cursor for zoom and pan as soon as tool is selected
    Remove S shortcut for scale as used for smooth point. Now use T for scale (
[T]ransform) [/list]
    Changed drawing and selection order so that more recent objects are 'over'  older objects when drawn and selecting

For a full list of changes please see the thread called "Version 3.1 Released" on the Vectric forum at ... http://vectric.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

Below are a couple of Sign designs carved on a ShopBot router using VCarve Pro

Tony
Another Great Sign!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 10:49:19 AM »
This sign was designed and carved by VCarve Pro customer Matt B. on his Home built CNC Mill. This is his first go at cutting with the software and I'm sure you'll agree that he's done a fantastic job!

The sign is cut from Spanish Cedar and stained to make it look darker.

Tony

ynneb

Re: VCarve Pro Version 3.1 Released
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 06:51:14 PM »
You are right Tony, they are amazing signs. Your software is doing a great service for the sign industry. Especially at the cheap price you sell it for. Please keep up the fantasitic work.

Offline John S

•  111 111
  • Nottingham England
    • View Profile
Re: VCarve Pro Version 3.1 Released
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 04:22:11 AM »
It's not just signs but engraving in metal as well.

We had the X3 CNC mill at the Bristol Show in the UK last week but because of health and safety reasons [ plus I didn't want to be cleaning up all weekend ] we didn't run the spindle, only traced over pre done parts.

At the show was a guy called Roy Darlington, he's 81 and a world renown expert of Stirling hot air engines, a real nice guy.

At the show he had his new boat Stirling Silver III powered by a new type of engine attracting a lot of interest.
His earlier boat Stirling Silver II was also there on a plinth with a name plaque.

The organisers of the show asked if we could do a matching plaque for SSIII and turned a deaf eye to the machine running. We laid it out in VCarve Pro which being simple only took 5 minutes and engraved it on a piece of brass plate with a centre drill as we had no tooling with us.

Just as it was finishing off we called Roy over to ask his expertise on a 'technical' question.
Well this guy had tears in his eyes as he realised what everyone had done for him.
That made my weekend, my only regret is I didn't get a picture but I will see the polished and filled plaque later so that will at least look better

John S.