Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 12:23:19 PM

Author Topic: Strange Mach3 stoppages in plasma mode  (Read 5007 times)

Strange Mach3 stoppages in plasma mode
« on: June 18, 2009, 08:38:52 AM »
I have a Dynacnc plasma/router with a Dyna6000 series controller. Mach3 ver 1.9. The torch is a automated Cutmaster 52 with a hand torch.  My problem is the on plasma side. The machine will cut and follow the gcode fine for (usually) 14-20 inches then it trips off (goes into reset mode) shutting everthing down. If I only cut 12 inches and stop, then do a new pierce and start to cut I can go another 12 inches or so, etc etc. Sometimes more sometimes less.   Makes no difference if THC is on or off.
The machine is flawless when cutting wood with a router.
I am at my wits end and about ready to quit the plasma portion all together unless one of you Gurus can point me in the right direction.
Any ideas???

Thanks
Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Mach3 stoppages in plasma mode
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 09:06:37 AM »
Is there an error message in the ticker line when it trips? Kind of sounds like noise from the torch is causing the limits to trip, setting a debounce interval of 2000 might help, if it does then lower until you get the problem again then increase slightly.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 12:01:04 PM »
Is there an error message in the ticker line when it trips? Kind of sounds like noise from the torch is causing the limits to trip, setting a debounce interval of 2000 might help, if it does then lower until you get the problem again then increase slightly.
Hood

No message in the ticker, just "Reset" flashing. I'll try to find the debounce area and give that a shot. What is debounce?

Thanks
Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 01:33:22 PM »
You will find it from Config menu then General config page, its top right. The Debounce Interval is just the length of time a signal has to be seen by Mach before it acts on it, the time is in micro seconds
Hood
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 01:59:16 PM »
You will find it from Config menu then General config page, its top right. The Debounce Interval is just the length of time a signal has to be seen by Mach before it acts on it, the time is in micro seconds
Hood

Thanks for your help on this. it turns out it was noise from the current transformer which gives a arc good signal. I bought a automation wire harness that tapped into the pcb board on the torch. I cut my first piece of metal I didn't have to scrap in 9 months.
Thanks for your respondes

Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 02:01:03 PM »
Thats great to hear :)
Hood