Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 08:02:55 PM

Author Topic: importing dxf file and setting feed rate - Problem  (Read 3275 times)

importing dxf file and setting feed rate - Problem
« on: June 17, 2009, 10:45:49 AM »
Hi everybody! I´m new around, since i just fishined building my laser cutting machine. I use it to cut mdf, acrylic, leather and alike, must of them arts, fonts, and signs made in Corel-Draw. Corel can provide me the file as dxf, and i´m using the dxf importer that comes with mach3 (no lazycam), to convert to g-code. Now here's the inconvenient, i set the feed rate through the option "Layer Control" and specify the feed for the layer in use, this way, everytime the program writes a line of M3 (turning on the laser), it writes the feed chosen right above, like F1000.
That´s a big problem cause i use to cut several materials with different feeds, but i can change the feed since it´s writen in the program. Sure i can open the program as txt and erase the Fs along the lines, but most of time i have a 50,000 lines program with more than 2,000 M3s!
I tried to put the feed as zero in the layer control, but it appears yet feed as 1  (F1)

Any chance that i can solve this problem?  

Thanks a lot to the experts.

Regards,

Arturo.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: importing dxf file and setting feed rate - Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 09:37:39 PM »
Hi, Arturo

It appears that if you enter a 0 then - into both Feed & Plunge Rate's for a tool and send it to All Layers, You'll get one Feed Rate at the top of the G-code File.

If that doesn't do what you need, Theirs an option to create your own Post, It's not very well documented, Hear are 3 files that give you the general discription.

Chip
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 09:46:59 PM by Chip »
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 07:44:17 AM »
Thanks for the answer...i tried, but with no success...for now i´m just writing a close feed, and ajusting through the feedrate override.

thanks anyway.

AP.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 02:25:14 AM »
Try this software:

http://mastor.no.sapo.pt/en/dark2d/dark2d.htm

Easy to work with