Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 05:56:34 PM

Author Topic: Crazy VB G0 Problem  (Read 3286 times)

Crazy VB G0 Problem
« on: June 17, 2009, 12:53:45 AM »
Ok, I don't claim to be the smartest guy when it comes to VB, but I must not even be close.  I'm trying to do something as simple as:

Code "G0 x20.0 y10.0"

While IsMoving()
WEnd

Running that script in the Mach VB editor causes both the X and Y axis to become jerky, lose major steps, and finally stop not even close to 20,10.

If I just move in one axis direction at a time (Code "G0 x20.0"), it "usually" works, but it still has issues sometimes.  Both at the same time cause major issues.  I can put the exact G0 line in the MDI  screen and it works flawlessly.  What am I missing?  There must be some setting in Mach 3 that I don't have set right.  I've been searching for hours but haven't found another post like this.  Sorry if it's been covered before and I couldn't find it.  I'm sure it's something stupid that I'm just not getting.  What I'm trying to do is move the table to a certain position to manually change a tool.  I thought it would be an easy task, but I guess not.  Thanks for ANY help!!!

Clueless

Re: Crazy VB G0 Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 01:24:35 AM »
Figured it out... had to end up rebooting the machine and all is well now.  I didn't think the VB code could be that difficult.  I'm not sure what caused it to get into a weird state though.  But all is well.