Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:59:01 AM

Author Topic: New error just started. Need help asap!  (Read 4437 times)

New error just started. Need help asap!
« on: June 16, 2009, 12:14:27 PM »
After 3 years on the same system, XP pro, Mach3 1.0.0.1 from 2006. I just started getting an error trying to run mach 3.  On run, the main little graphic comes up but then a little popup error  message says "error triggered" and asks to try to retry or something, press yes and then "art code 100 error triggered".  Cancel and the standard crash error pops up asking about submitting error.

Coincidentally, shortly after this error yesterday, I rebooted the computer, motherboard dies completely.  $550 later and new motherboard, main boot drive, new ram, same error.  I am booting off a fresh drive but trying to run mach 3 off the old drive, both are connected still.

After installing Mach3 version h3.042.020, I dragged my old xml with setups into the new drive Mach 3 folder, on run there is the box to choose the setup, I choose my old one, nothing works on the machine.  The parallel port is enabled. 

Any advice appreciated!  

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 01:22:44 PM by Todd Chapman »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: New error just started. Need help asap!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 01:27:00 PM »
Is the port address correct?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 02:14:39 PM »
I managed to at least get the spindle to turn on and off, and follow speed commands.

I am not even sure that loading the old xml file is putting back all the info.  I can see that the numbers on the homing and limits are all wrong.  Not sure on the ports and pins, can't remember those.

No movement with arrow keys as before.  But with MDI I can move x and y, but they aren't moving the proper distance.  No Z in MDI. 

So this tells me the port is talking, but maybe the settings are all wrong, not sure why the arrow keys are  dead.  I wish I could just get the old version on the old drive to run without the art 100 error.

OH, also it appears now all my old cad files and gcode are missing from the desktop on the old drive, searching old file names turns up nothing.  Fortunately I can fine some backups of recent important stuff.

Worst possible time for a crash.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 02:34:27 PM »
Jog control is off by the sounds of it.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 02:39:54 PM »
Yes,  it was default to off on the new install.

Should the xml settings for tuning, homing and limits, plus ports and pins come back the same on  Mach3 1.84.002 and 3.042.020?

I load in the preset on run, but many things are wrong.  I suppose worst case I can go into the sml and read it and hopefully manually recover info.

Thanks for the help.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 03:05:17 PM »
Yes they should all be the same, possibly you are using the wrong profile or have chosen the wrong xml?
Hood
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 05:09:10 PM »
Not sure what changed with the newer installs, but somewhere down the line I found that putting in an existing xml file into a new install wouldn't hold anything. Bug perhaps?
I had to go through and manually put all my motor tuning, offsets etc.
Regards,
Ken
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 05:22:50 PM »
Finally back up.  I had to manually redo all tuning, homing, limits, some of the outputs.  Lesson learned, have hardcopy backup!