Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:32:17 AM

Author Topic: How do I reverse the values on my DRO?  (Read 4810 times)

How do I reverse the values on my DRO?
« on: June 11, 2009, 09:31:08 PM »
Simple question. I forget how to get the DRO to change my axes values. Z up used to be Z- and down used to be Z+. How do I get the DRO to read reverse so I don't have to change all my programs?  Thank you for all your help.    Corey
Re: How do I reverse the values on my DRO?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 09:44:56 PM »
Simple question. I forget how to get the DRO to change my axes values. Z up used to be Z- and down used to be Z+. How do I get the DRO to read reverse so I don't have to change all my programs?  Thank you for all your help.    Corey

Just change the polarity of the axis DIR outputs.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 10:26:37 PM »
Ok, thank you much

Offline kak

•  81 81
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 10:18:30 AM »
Hello.

I'm trying to do the same thing. I have build a simple lathe model, because I want to learn how to use the software.

My tool is located on the other side of the center, compairing to a traditional lathe, so I want the up arrow (X axis) on my keyboard to move the tool away from the center and read positive DRO value.
Everything is working fine, but DRO is reading negative.
Checking and unchecking the X axis DIR LowActiv is not making any difference. Up arrow is always negative.
Any Ideas how to fix it?
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 10:45:33 AM »
Go to the Tool Table, in the last column, click on FRONT which will change it to REAR. Do this for every tool # used as REAR post. Then the DRO will read as you want.

By reading Hoods earlier posts, I dont think you can mix between front and rear posts, never tried it here.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 10:48:55 AM by Overloaded »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 10:57:30 AM »
Few things you can do for rear tool setups other than just jog keys but for Jog keys just go to Config menu then system Hotkeys and you can then click on X++ and when the box appears just press Up arrow, do same for X-- and press Down arrow.

Other things for Rear setup is you can have the toolpath window show tools above centre line so that it represents more closely your setup, its done from Config Menu then Toolpath. One other thing you may need to change is the reversed arcs in front post setting, its Config, Ports and Pins then Turn Options.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 11:03:03 AM »
RC to be honest I dont know if changing Front Rear in table will reverse the arrow keys, dont think so but then again I never use the Jog as I use the MPG. Regards Mix of Front/Rear in table, that is true if you have tools set up they must all be the same but if an offset is not used then it doesnt need changed at that point in time. Tooltable in Turn also needs sorted as it should only have a Max of 99 as the rest are useless as you cant call them.

Hood

Edit, just tested and it indeed des as you say RC, every day is a school day as they say :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:14:16 AM by Hood »

Offline kak

•  81 81
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 12:40:36 PM »
Thank you very much, it`s working. Just one click kan turn a bad day to a good day:-)