Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:39:54 AM

Author Topic: Tormach OEM version  (Read 8296 times)

Re: Tormach OEM version
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 09:54:43 AM »

Randy,

Just  one example, the backlash compensation input. If it's in 2.42, I can't find it. There are probably more, but I'm not in front of either one right now. Thanks.

Bryan

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 01:50:41 PM »
Bryan, it's there, along with all the other settings.  They're just all hidden so that the average user cannot inadvertently mess things up.  If you want to alter settings like backlash, you need to talk to Tormach to get the "unlock code" and you'll have access to the full, wide-open Mach, on your own responsibility.

EDIT/DISCLAIMER: I haven't tried installing 3.xx right over the 2.42, so you're on your own if you want to try that...your license will still work, but I don't know what would happen to any Tormach-customized macros.  I'm wearing my newbie beanie on that one.

But if you need to alter backlash compensation, have you gone through the mechanics first?  Leadscrew end bearing adjustment etc.?  The Tormach is a "tight" machine in my experience.  I've recently used down to .009" endmills with mine (using the Proxxon high-speed spindle) and regularly use .020" without a problem.

Randy
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 04:16:18 PM by zephyr9900 »
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 11:30:09 AM »

Randy,

I'm fighting a 0.004 backlash on the Y axis right now. I'm about to replace the shaft mount bearings, with fingers crossed.

BH