Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:41:04 PM

Author Topic: re mach control question feed hold  (Read 3706 times)

re mach control question feed hold
« on: June 08, 2009, 08:06:58 PM »
Hi everyone : question if after hitting feed hold in a part program say broken tool .Can one jog up the z axis change the tool and then what do you have to do to get mach to go back to the original cutting position where you hit feed hold?I have read the docs but am a little confused about this do i need to do something else first maybe reverse run or something a little clarification would help on this .   THANKS TO ALL WHO RESPOND
Re: re mach control question feed hold
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 01:59:39 AM »
In turn, where I use mach the most you can but it is not always correct/or safe. I had big problems in start the code after the feedhold was done. Most (all times) I start the program again, or edit the program and delete the lines that were already processed. Nevertheless I think some work was done recently so probably the feedhold is better.

Filipe
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 05:42:49 PM »
Thanks Filipe ill keep fidlin and see what happens just trying to save a tool now and again.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 05:46:19 PM »
What I do is feedhold then once motion has stopped I will press stop and then move the axis, when I want to resume I will either rewind the code slightly to a suitable position and press the Run from Here button or if it had been stopped in a suitable position I will just press the Run from Here.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 05:51:04 PM »
Thanks Hood nice to here from you hope your having a pleasent day.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 06:06:55 PM »
Well the day is over here but it was good :) Thanks for asking and hope likewise.
Hood