Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 04:07:51 PM

Author Topic: Galil 2133 or DSPMC/IP Motion Controller?  (Read 11658 times)

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Galil 2133 or DSPMC/IP Motion Controller?
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 02:43:14 PM »
E-stop should be wired to the Galil ICM "abort" signal.  Mach will detect E-stop through the plugin. 

For a VFD type spindle drive, the plugin uses the Galil OF command (offset) to "adjust" the offset of the voltage on the analog output from 0 to 9.998 volts.  The plugin only controls the analog output voltage.  The rest of the required outputs (spindle on, clockwise, counterclockwise, etc...) are setup in Mach and are routed through the Galil plugin (if desired) as normal output signals.  The plugin operates this way IF the check box for an encoder on the spindle is NOT checked.

Mach does not send Galil commands.  The Plugin does.  Mach does not read the data record either.  That is also a plugin function.  It is the plugin's job to read the Galil data record and report the information back to mach.  Conversely, Mach tells the plugin what it wants output and the plugin's job is to make it so via the Galil commands.

Enable debugging in the plugin and a GalilDebug.txt file will be created.  You will see all of the Galil commands that the plugin sends to the controller.

Steve

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 04:25:42 PM »
Thank You Steve that is a great help I can get the axis to rotate properly with the OF command using galil software. I just cant get the plugin to do it. Ill take a look at the log file you mentioned it should shed some light.
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 07:53:35 PM »
Hi Steve
   The commands being sent by the plugin are not OF they are AC DC and JG it is sending a signal for a servo loop instead. I have looked at plugin configuration and the only choices for spindle is step and direction or servo. there is no choice for vfd. Do I need to use step and direction to get the OF commands?
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 09:09:11 PM »
Ok now that I have read youre post over I noticed you said as long as it does not have an encoder. Mine does but I checked that it dosent. that has it working. Now I am going to try to use the encoder in the jog command thanks for stering me in the right direction