Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 06:01:03 PM

Author Topic: Line Limit with License  (Read 4718 times)

Line Limit with License
« on: June 02, 2009, 09:25:06 PM »

I have a piece of gcode which was 277 lines long and I added a subroutine to it and Mach3 will only show 276 lines leaving off the final line, M99 (which, of course, is there when I view the code to edit).  I used the same subroutine in a similar piece of code, the piece is just smaller with a few less cuts (less lines of code) and it worked fine.  I decided the issue was that I still had just the demo version so I purchased a license, successfully installed it and there's no difference.  Is there something in the configuration that would limit me in this way?  Has anyone else experienced a limit of lines of code even with a license?

Thanks.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Line Limit with License
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 09:26:32 PM »
Make sue when you edit the code that you hit enter after the M99. Mach won't see the line unless there's a carriage return after the last line.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 11:52:37 PM »
Doh!  Thanks!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 02:37:54 AM »
As Gerry has said you need to do a carriage return after the last line, the reason for this is if you dont then you have not ended the block so it gets ignored. It is good practice to get into the habit of putting a % as the last line, that way you know at a glance that you have finished the previous line and have moved on to the next.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 11:55:51 AM »
Good suggestions, thanks!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 12:36:24 PM »
I always wondered why so many part files I come across have a % at the end! Now I know!
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 07:04:05 PM »
Yeah, had me stumped for ages.

Just to keep it all polite and happy I always make G and M commands three characters long and capitalised: ie G00, G01, G02 so that I can see at a glance if there are any missing characters. Similarly dimensions are always written to two decimal places (or three, depending on the program) Again, with the code written like this I can see at a glance if there are any missing characters.