Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:48:15 PM

Author Topic: Setting up a second parallel port card - NetMOS Nm 9805CV  (Read 13471 times)

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
Re: Setting up a second parallel port card - NetMOS Nm 9805CV
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 12:40:25 PM »
samething happend to me 2 years back with netmos card. the process to make it work went like this. afer install you find the card is recognized by windows but mach3 cant see it. shut down windows cold. start back up. uninstall all
printer and sound drivers. shutdown cold. start back up in safe mode. check  to see if windows found and installed all the drivers back, it might miss the netmos,if it does ,install netmos again while in safe mode.when all the drivers
are recognized. shut down then restart not reboot. mach3 should now recognize the port address. if not move the card to another slot away from pci-1 slot.

bill
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 12:43:38 PM »
It's very frustrating trying to find a card that works.  I suggest starting a card database, so people don't waste their time.  I really don't know where to even get a so called legacy card, all cards sold today are modern multifunction I/0 cards (you install the driver, then it installs a second or third driver.).  Even though you claim they wont work, there is conflicting evidence that many do., such as my ITE 887x chipset generic card.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 01:20:14 PM »
I have to agree that needing a driver does not mean it will not work with Mach, I have some MRi cards that require a driver as XP does not recognise them natively but they work fine once the driver is installed, I think they are MosChip.
Hood

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 01:33:25 PM »
That's true Hood, I was not very clear in my initial response. I should have mentioned looking for the virtual ports in Device manager as a clue.

You can also have issues with the motherboard not supporting using a parallel port as Mach does, even a 'good' add-on PCI will work. (But the driver test will look good!)

That is why I'm a big SmoothStepper cheerleader. (Did that give you a strange mental picture?  :P )
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 01:37:50 PM »

That is why I'm a big SmoothStepper cheerleader. (Did that give you a strange mental picture?  :P )

Thankfully it didnt  ;D

Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 03:31:38 PM »
 All I know is that in the "old" days you just used the supplied driver and all worked. I had a heck of a time with my Dell, the fourth card worked and the driver that came with it didn't work. Someone, out of nowhere, from one of the forums, e-mailed me a driver and it was up and working in 5 mniutes.
Ok, that Rockwell card, three hits with a hammer and to the trash can she went. Should have bought beer with
the $15.00 bucks. But it did satisfy my thirst for hitting something! Who's knows these days with all the different computers hiting the market, cards on ebay....., drivers that don't work, you just never know.
RICH