Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:30:45 AM

Author Topic: Analog not smooth  (Read 4000 times)

Analog not smooth
« on: June 01, 2009, 02:48:57 AM »
Borisz,
Would like to know if I have a problem....
When a pot is hooked up to pokeys the analog input on the test page is rock solid but when it is unhooked or hooked to my voltage divider it is unstable.
Is it the pokeys, the usb cable, usb port or pc ?
Has any one eles noticed this.
I'm using a brain to bring this to Mach..is there a way to calm it down in a brain???
Thanks Dave

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: Analog not smooth
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 04:04:35 AM »
Hi!

If voltage divider has bigger resistance than potentiometer, or you have longer cables in noisy environment, that could be a problem.
Please describe both setups in details with some photo.
100n capacitor in paralel with divider could help.
PoKeys is stable product and does n ot have any problems with stabillity. It shows what it have on inputs.

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 05:58:58 AM »
Thanks Bois I was wondering if it was noise....because I had it hooked up to my lap top while playing with the pokeys and it was fine..
then put on machine and it showed problems...
It is not mounted in the control box yet I will do it soon...do you have any suggestions on have to protect the pokeys and USB cable from noise??
and no I think the pokeys is a great little piece of equipment for the DIYer thanks

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 02:55:42 PM »
Normally noise came into analog inputs. So as short is possible, shielded cables and 100nF capacitor on PoKeys analog input.

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 03:37:33 PM »
Normally noise came into analog inputs. So as short is possible, shielded cables and 100nF capacitor on PoKeys analog input.

regards

Boris
Work great for me with 100nf capacitor. My cable is around 15ft shielded and near 220vac cable. Thank you