Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:16:46 AM

Author Topic: Pulse Frequency  (Read 20431 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Pulse Frequency
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 06:27:17 PM »
Hi, Chris

It could be several things, Is your Pulse Frequency locked in solid all the time ?, Try setting your Step & Dir Pulses to 5 in Motor Tuning may help (It will give Your Control more time to see the pulses from Mach), Post your xml it may show some other issues that could cause it also.

Are you losing steps in Y and A only. ?

Chip

Offline Chris.Botha

•  488 488
  • wine me.. dine me.. tram my mill for me...
    • View Profile
    • Digital-Jeweller
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 08:20:58 PM »
at work right now.. will post my settings in my evening.. (+-7hrs from now)

pretty sure my step and dir pulses are set at 2 each..

the error does not present in Y.. what happens as best as i can guess is that there is some "lag" and the first thing that moves after my A has rotated is my Y to bring it back over the centre of my model.. i think in this time mach is playing catch up or summing and the loss of steps to A carries thru to Y.. by the time i start cutting X its sorted. (but A angle is out as well as Y.) (the cut itself then carries on cutting properly in X and Y but just in wrong position)

peculiar error.. goes away if i switch off toolpath display.. and only on big paths.. think its more related to processor speed perhaps. i have not had time to test it at a changed kernel speed, but if all the previous posts are anything to go by then upping kernel speed will make this problem worse not better as higher kernel speed puts more load on processor.

notable here too..

pure rotary jobs, (which are typically my heaviest gcode jobs) cut fine, with toolpath display on.. very strangle.. it seems like it only does it when i instruct rotary to turn from a0 to a180 in one movement at 600mm/min..

will post xml in later :)

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 08:28:22 PM by Chris.Botha »

Offline Chris.Botha

•  488 488
    • View Profile
    • Digital-Jeweller
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 08:39:24 PM »
ok my wife sent my xml to me..

man.. the value of a wife that can find your mach xml for you is under rated..

here it is..

this is my backup xml at 24000hz

edit (added set file that xml calls)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 08:53:01 PM by Chris.Botha »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 09:10:14 PM »
Hi, Chris

Try setting the A axis step low active the same as all the rest "Checked", They should all be the same, Some controls are sensitive to this.

If it's a different type of control for "A" they may need to be "X" for step & dir Low actives settings.

Chip

Offline Chris.Botha

•  488 488
    • View Profile
    • Digital-Jeweller
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 09:18:38 PM »
not sure why that one is different.. i dont poke around in there usually. those are defaults from my mach install i think. will try changing that and give it a whirl.

far as i know all the steppers are the same make and brand as well as the controllers for them so you are right.. should be the same i guess?

Offline Chris.Botha

•  488 488
    • View Profile
    • Digital-Jeweller
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 10:02:24 PM »
ok got news from a fellow user.. apparently if i switch A low active on all my lettering  on jewellery will come out reversed/mirrored, think he means will turn in wrong direction for milling. ??

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 10:32:02 PM »
Hi, Chris

Only the "Direction" Low Active will do that in ports & pins, If the control's are all the same then all low actives dir & step should be the same all way's.

Home & Limit's, "Reversed" is used to Reverse an Axis when Needed, Or you need to change motor wiring.

Chip

Offline Chris.Botha

•  488 488
    • View Profile
    • Digital-Jeweller
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 10:34:01 PM »
ok cool will test that tonight :)

thanks for help.. like i said before not a major issue.. resolves by turning off toolpath display but would like to get it all running if i can :)

Offline Chris.Botha

•  488 488
    • View Profile
    • Digital-Jeweller
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 03:05:52 AM »
well.. tie me up and tickle me with a dwarf...

did not change anything when i got home tonight.. only changes made were to my motor tuning to up the x,y,z to 1200mm/min and kernel to 35000. did not change that other setting either.

"A" seems fine now.. could not find a path that stalled it on a 180 flip. will continue testing, will also take it back to 24000 to see if its the kernel speed that made difference but everything in me says its not that.

will probably only happen to me when i have a paying job on the mill..!!  typically!

If that hapens again i will document it. I know other people with exactly same mill and setting have the same issue so im reasonably sure its not just a figment of my imagination ;)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 03:18:33 AM »
Hi, Chris

Sounds like the luck I have hear, Been chasing my tail for awhile also.

Chip