Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 04:04:49 AM

Author Topic: Homing "x" axis not working correctly  (Read 31900 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Homing "x" axis not working correctly
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 03:45:03 PM »
Not really sure what you are meaning, the VB in the RefAll button is just calliing the referencing for each axis in turn, the Ref X button is not , as far as I know, a VB button so you cant open it.
Hood

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 07:25:44 PM »
Well, I've had an interesting experience with all this. I have a SmoothStepper. I started experimenting with Noise numbers in SS setup. If I got the Home number over about 350, the Z homing routine would go right past the switch, headed for THE END if not for eStop hit!! At about 250 is seems OK. Much lower and the switch jitters after in comes off home and trips an estop, stopping the homing routine.

So.....I edited the Ref All button per Hood's VB. Worked great. Got cocky, added moves to X and Y, too. That worked fine also. Then I started with the SS Noise editing and a couple times quiting Mach, SS didn't unload the firmware and had to be unplugged/plugged. Got the noise number where the home worked pretty good, but then the button script won't work anymore!! I edited all the stuff out except for the original DoButton calls. Edited back in the move off stuff, won't work. Copied old HiddenScript.m1s file, which APPEARS to be where the button script is stored. Edited in again, won't run. I rebooted the computer, everything I could think of. The added text is in the editor window, but it won't run. What did I hose up now that the VB button script won't run? It homes fine without it, but I'd like the move off in there if possible, I like that!!
--
Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 07:31:39 PM »
HiddenScript will just be the last code you messed with whether in the editor or a button, it will constantly change. Is it definitely the RefAll button script you are changing? ie you are clicking on that button when its flashing and not just editing via the editor on the Operator menu?
Hood

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 07:35:35 PM »
Yup, clicking on the blinking button. The text is in there, it just doesn't run. Where is the button script stored? I have Windows Home Server, I'll restore something if I know what to restore. I suppose I could just restore the entire Mach directory from last night's backup and see if that fixes it. Otherwise, what to do???
--
Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2009, 07:37:17 PM »
The button script is stored in the screenset itself, if its the standard screenset its called 1024.set

Hood

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2009, 07:41:10 PM »
So if I restore 1024.set from last nights backup, I should be back to square one?

Why won't it run even though it shows that it's in there?
--
Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2009, 07:42:03 PM »
Check you have the script exactly as it was, if you dont have the
While IsMoving()
Sleep 10
Wend

before and after the Z move it probably wont work correctly.
Hood

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 07:45:41 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's right. I had it working fine with moving all three axes until I started messing with SS settings. I saved the text to a *.txt file when it was running and just pasted it back in after I broke it. I edited everything but the button calls out, saved, exited Mach, started, homed to test, edited it again, it won't run, but it homes fine. I'm off to restore 1024.set from last night and see if that fixes it.
--
Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2009, 07:55:07 PM »
When you get it working again copy the 1024.set to the desktop and rename it to ****.set (where **** is a name of your choice) then paste it back into the Mach3 folder. Then from the view menu in Mach choose load screens and browse and load that screen.
 The reason for doing this is if you upgrade Mach it wont get overwritten like the standard screen would.
Hood

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 08:03:03 PM »
OK, will do, thanks for that tip. I restored, the old file had an original date of like 10/27/08, so hopefully that fixes it. I'll do your trick right away!!

I tried a blue screen set from machsupport today earlier, but didn't like it because the yellow text looked ducky at my res, 1280 x 1024. The regular Mach screen is OK for me.

Might not be back 'til tomorrow, normal life beckons!!
--
Tom