Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 04:27:39 AM

Author Topic: Homing "x" axis not working correctly  (Read 31901 times)

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Re: Homing "x" axis not working correctly
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2009, 11:25:16 AM »
I restored 1024.set from backup, that didn't fix it, can't run button script but machine still homes all axes when pushing the button!

I restored the entire Mach3 directory from backup, still can't run button script.

Something must be hosed in Windows (Vista)? They ran fine yesterday. I don't know what else to try. Reinstall Mach3? Uninstall Mach3/Reinstall Mach3? Everything else seems to work fine.
--
Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2009, 02:45:39 PM »
It has to be  running the button script or it woiuldnt home when you pressed the button, must just be a reason why it is ignoring the code moves, if you  attach the screnset I will see if it works here.
Hood

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2009, 02:51:49 PM »
OK, here it is. I still can't get it working!

--
Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2009, 03:04:32 PM »
Working fine here.
 Put this in the button and see if you get the message box popping up before and after the Z move.
DoButton( 24 )
While IsMoving()
Sleep 10
Wend
MsgBox("Z about to move")
Code("G53G1F20Z-1.")
While IsMoving()
Sleep 10
Wend
MsgBox("Z has moved")
DoButton( 23 )
DoButton( 22 )
DoButton( 25 ) 

Hood

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2009, 03:43:22 PM »
Yup, message box pops up, click OK, next message box pops up, finishes homing Y and X. Z does NOT move.

That's even stranger! Same code runs for you. So what's making Z not move?

I'll try X, see what happens. Maybe it's something with Z and the home switch and SS noise settings.
--
Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2009, 03:46:52 PM »
very strange indeed, maybe a reinstall of Mach over the top of itself would help.
Hood

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2009, 04:01:10 PM »
I tried X, it won't move in the button script either.

I MDI'd G53F20G1Z-2. and that worked, so it's NOT G53!!

What version of Mach is best to use? I have latest lockdown. Should I try another, or just try and install over the top? I guess over the top first, then maybe something else.

Pretty strange that this worked fine yesterday. And it was while trying to tweak SS config for noise and having SS firmware not unload a couple times. When that happens you have to unplug the SS and the settings you did are NOT there, you need to do them over. I've learned that if I want to tweak SS, I quit Mach, restart, tweak SS, quit mach and watch for the green light to go out, then carry on. That SS could use a touch up, software/firmware wise, methinks!

Might I have a corrupt XML file, even tho' everything else seems to work? Or if I get a corrupt XML will other stuff be messed up? I had a bad XML last week trying to configure the Charge Pump on my C23. I'd set it, the numbers would move to a different field in Ports&Pins. Arturo from CNC4PC said I might have a corrupt XML, sure enough, that was it. Everything else seemed to be working.
--
Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2009, 04:42:29 PM »
It could be the VB interpreter or whatever its called that is messed up although I have never heard of that happening, reinstalling over the top of itself should sort that.
 Dont think it can be the xml but suppose you never know, you could try one of the backups, operator menu  then restore I think.
Hood

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2009, 05:50:56 PM »
Reinstalled over the top, didn't fix anything, but...........get this, turn Soft Limits off it works just fine!!

So, what's that about? I'd prefer to leave soft limits ON always, so I don't forget. I do get a beep and a Soft Limit exceed or something when homing just after the Z hits the switch. No idea how Soft limits being on makes it NOT run the move code, but carry on and home Y and X.

I'll have to check numbers in soft limits and see if there's something obvious.

Is there VB code to turn soft limits OFF at the beginning of the routine and ON again at the end!!? Do you have Soft Limits On?

The mystery continues.
--
Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2009, 05:53:36 PM »
OK sounds like you have the softlimits set wrong, you should have X and Y min and Z max as Zero.
Hood