Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:03:16 PM

Author Topic: Drag select and positioning  (Read 10743 times)

Drag select and positioning
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:58:07 AM »
Hi,

I've been using machscreen and am  overall very happy with it.

However, I noticed that if a screen has a locked background, drag select doesn't work.

Many editing operations can be lost because the save options is not enabled.  For example, open a screen and move a label or led.  The program does not think any changes have been made.  Even worse, the "save" command is disabled so it is impossible to force save the file.  In my opinion, save should never be disabled.

Also, it would be really handy:

1) If after typing a position into the properties dialog, the <Enter> key performed the same function as clicking on the "Position" button.
2) If multiple objects could be selected and positioned or resized through the properties dialog.

David
Re: Drag select and positioning
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 12:34:11 PM »
Hi David,

what program version are you using? The problems you mention, should all be fixed in version V1.20.

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 09:17:59 AM »
I am using V1.20.0

A label must be selected and then moved via the keyboard arrows.  Dragging with the mouse does enable Save.

It would be handy if there was some way to control the number of pixels an object is moved via the keyboard.  Perhaps,
normal-arrow one pixel, shift-arrow 2 pixels, ctrl-arrow 5 pixels, etc.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 05:30:42 AM »
Hi David,

in version V1.20.1 I made the following changes:
 the menu item "save as" is now always enabled
 moving selected items with the position keys: arrow keys moving 1 pixel, page keys moving 5 pixels.

Klaus 

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 12:33:50 PM »
Ok, I am now part of the "I luv Klaus" fan club........  hehehe 
Thanks again, for the new Toy...

scott
fun times
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 08:31:57 PM »
Awesome.  Thanks, Klaus.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 12:06:59 AM »
Thanks Klaus

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 09:19:15 AM »
Klaus,

I have a few aggrevational things.......

1).  When you group select multiple items, 2 or more, because you want to then copy paste them, on the screen your working on. When you paste them they are Out of positional relationship with each other.
Also, when you copy objects and want to paste them onto the screen can you also make it where they will Drop where you click with the mouse?
currently there is 3 choices under the paste window, and none of them drop where the mouse is....

2). VB Editiing, the VB editing, (when you double click the VB line in the object properties window, and it opens the big VB window, can you put a "Done" button on it or something, it is very Unintuitive on how to get OUT of that window and back to the main window, further the Main window disappears, when you open the Big VB edit window and that is kinda scary. The first time it happened to me, I said, where the heck did my screen go? (panic, panic, etc.).

3). Object Drop:  is there a way that when you select an Object type, like a button or LED or what ever than you can then Right click on the screen, and on the menu that pops up, you could select multiple Drop?? so if you need to place 20 or so Generic LEDs you could after that just right click and they would drop One on each Left click. When your done with the multi drop, you could then right click, and turn off multi drop, and that would make it once again a pick an object, then drop that single object, pick next object, drop it etc.
Some times, (for me at least), I will want to drop multiple buttons, LEDs, DROS etc. arrange them, then go through and define them.

Scott
fun times
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 12:38:31 PM »
Hi Scott,

thank you for your info.
1)  I will fix this problem
2) In the file menu I offer 4 alternatives:
    "Open file" to load data from a file
    "Save file as"  to give you the opportunity to save your data to a fie
    "use data and close" puts the edited data to the set file
    "ignore data and close" gives you the opportunity to cancel, which means leave your data from the set file unchanged.
If you close the editor window with the close icon an messagebox asks you "include data to screen set"  yes / no / cancel, with the same results, as the menu selections.

3) You can insert objects multiple, one for each hit of the "add" button, when "place elements on mouse position is off". I will think about a solution for you.

Klaus

EDIT: If you have suggestions, perhaps different text or so. please tell me. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 03:21:37 PM by Klaus1311 »

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 03:55:00 PM »
thank you for your info.
1)  I will fix this problem
//////////// Ok, thank you professor

2) In the file menu I offer 4 alternatives:
    "Open file" to load data from a file
    "Save file as"  to give you the opportunity to save your data to a fie
    "use data and close" puts the edited data to the set file
    "ignore data and close" gives you the opportunity to cancel, which means leave your data from the set file unchanged.
If you close the editor window with the close icon an messagebox asks you "include data to screen set"  yes / no / cancel, with the same results, as the menu selections.
//////////////Ok, must have missed that somehow, thanks for the heads up.....  I guess I am to used to buttons........

3) You can insert objects multiple, one for each hit of the "add" button, when "place elements on mouse position is off". I will think about a solution for you.

///////////// an option to drop copies of the same object over and over again at the mouse's clicked position would definaatly be a plus,
thank you for looking into it!

Klaus

EDIT: If you have suggestions, perhaps different text or so. please tell me. 

//////  I haven't looked, but, did you say that you can choose MS installed fonts as well as font size onto the screen.......  also, one other
thing while on that subject. Can you make it where you can have "Multiline" on labels, or buttons??  or is that limited internally to mach3?

scott
fun times