Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:24:28 AM

Author Topic: second post and I need help  (Read 4605 times)

second post and I need help
« on: May 26, 2009, 06:50:41 AM »
I got my router powered up for the first time yesterday and everything went good till I got to the Y axis motor tuning. I can only get the y Axis to drive in the plus direction on the table. I verified the setup in Mach, tested the motor on another driver (it ran both directions), moved the control wires to another controller and the problem followed, and I have an led indication on the board that I am getting a signal from Mach. The board is a CNC4PC C11G. Everything came from Keling and he has been very helpful and I have an email into CNC4PC. Is there anything in mach to help with further diagnosis? It all seems to point to the board.
Thanks
Jimmy

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: second post and I need help
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 07:23:44 AM »
It sounds like the Dir signal is not getting through to the drive but your LED on the board changes as you reverse direction then it cant be anything to do with Mach or your setup.
What wires did you swap? If it was the wires from the BOB to the Drive then the fault seems to be in the BOB.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 08:16:25 AM »
What I did was unplug the connector for Y and plug it in to the Z controller and then Z would only move one direction. With the wiring from Z plugged in the Y controller the Y axis would run both directions. I with you, I think the problem is in the BOB and going to request another one this morning.
Thanks
Jimmy

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 08:38:42 AM »
Where does this plug go to? Is it to the motor?
I am not familiar with these BOBs but what you say they have a LED for the Dir and you are definitely seeing them change? If so then that only leaves the drive or the motor (unless the plug mentioned above goes to the drive rather than the motor) If that is the case then if you have a volmeter you could test between the Dir output from the BOB and Gnd on the BOB and see if you get 5v then 0v when you reverse jogging, if you do then its the drive, if not then it seems to be the BOB.
Hood

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 09:24:46 AM »
What stepper drivers are you using? You need to measure the direction signal at the driver itself to see if it is getting through.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 09:55:37 AM »
The stepper drivers are Keling KL-9082. They have plug in connections on them that make it real easy to swap the connections. This way I could just move the motor wiring to the driver for another axis and test the motor circuit and it was fine. I then tested the motor and driver by pluging in the wiring from another axis to the Y controller and it ran both directions. I then plugged in the cable from the BOB for the Y axis into the driver for the Z axis and the single direction problem moved with it. So the system works from the controller out. It just does not seem to get a signal out of the board but in one direction.
Jimmy
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 05:47:40 PM »
Did you get this solved?  I experienced the same issue... even though you have the 4th axis disabled... it comes with pins 5 and 9 (I believe) set to the 4th axis.  Change those to 0 solved my problems.
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 08:06:12 PM »
Yes I did get it fixed and the machine runs great. What I found was a bad din rail terminal block connection. Drove me nuts for days.
Jimmy