Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:17:51 AM

Author Topic: Need help with 4th axis continuous motion code  (Read 23612 times)

Re: Need help with 4th axis continuous motion code
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 07:40:58 PM »
You still have to many zeros after the decimal point. Your print only calls for +/-.002

Offline TT350

•  113 113
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 10:18:12 PM »
I'm sorry about the typo.
I was at work and in a hurry to get this stuff posted.
The point is that this can be dun and it worked for me and it may
help someone in the future.

If you'll notice the feed is F100.
The feed is very slow, I'm "guessing" that Mach is commanding the "A" axis
as it has a max feed of 1300 units/min and the X axis is following the A axis.

vmax549

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 10:52:08 PM »
The feed is based on the combined moves .Seeing the a axis is based on Degs/min it slows the other axis down. To speed it up you can run the A axis in diam mode and set the diam then mach can better match the combined speeds.
(;-) TP

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 08:10:25 AM »
TT350,
As stated before, a mill is not a lathe. A lot of lathes have runout greater than +-.0001".
Just because something shows a reading to four places dosn't mean that's the dimension you actually have.
Relative to what?
You may want review some info about part tolerances along with info on spindle and tool tolerances.
But conceptualy if all the rotating and movement going on was perfect along with a  proper surface finish you could achieve that true tolerance.  Any way, back to your question.

Used properly, a calibrated Intrimik, dial bore, or air gages  will directly measure  + - 1 or 2 tenths.  They are not cheap! Go / no go plug gage would  better as it will start to tell you if there is symetry.
LOL
RICH 

Offline TT350

•  113 113
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 08:52:59 AM »
Yea I guess your right.

But it’s nice to know I now can make a part with very tite
tolerances.

The original question was about moving the 4th  
axis simultaneously with another.

With no replies on how to do this I took a shot at it and it got the job dun.  

My mistake here is that I posted too much info about my part.

Guys don’t take this the wrong way but if I’m doing something wrong
that’s ok to tell me but take the time to show me the right way as well,
at least one of us will be better machinist at the end of the day.        
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 09:14:41 AM »
All in all a very good job. I now see from your drawing that the requested tolerance is +-0.05mm which I think should be fairly easy to acheive with your setup.
I had a closer look at your code. I'm not very good at writing/reading G-code but it looks like you have lead in/lead out for the rotational cut also. In combination with CV mode that maybe leads to no short stop at each line containing a rotational move. Maybe I will try to run your code cutting some air and have a very close look at a zoomed toolpath window trying to see if CV is active when running a rotational move also.

Offline TT350

•  113 113
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 09:40:20 AM »
Yes you are right it has lead in/out.
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2009, 10:20:31 AM »
I just did a test. CV mode is indeed active on a rotational axis also.
I tried this code with a very high feedrate, very low accel, CV on, CV distance 10 and CV speed off:

Y200
A200 (Rotational A)

By simply looking at the toolpath window it is clear that the A200 move starts well before the Y200 move is finished, probably 10 units before.

vmax549

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 12:35:02 PM »
THe original question was for code to rotate the A axis continously and you needed a tolerance of +/- .0001.

We told you that you cannot continously rotate the axis AND run independant code at the same time . THe option was explained AS you needed to program the A along with the xyz. AND that is what you did.

It was also explained that you could not hold the .0001 tolerance do to variables which really did not matter because your drawing showed +/-.002 tolerance.

AND if you want to get technical you did NOT make the part depected in the drawing(;-) Mainly becuase it was technically impossible to do so, SO either the drawing was wrong OR you made the part wrong. (;-)

BUT you did MAKE a nice part, and did a good job.   BUT it was nothing unusual or special as far as the technical ascept.

So please COme on down from the clouds and join the rest of us.  (;-) TP

« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 12:53:28 PM by vmax549 »

Offline TT350

•  113 113
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 12:50:44 PM »
THe original question was for code to rotate the A axis continously and you needed a tolerance of +/- .0001.

We told you that you cannot continously rotate the axis AND run independant code at the same time . THe option was explained AS you needed to program the A along with the xyz. AND that is what you did.

It was also explained that you could not hold the .0001 tolerance do to variables which really did not matter because your drawing showed +/-.002 tolerance.

SO you did MAKE a nice part, BUT it was nothing unusual or special as far as the technical ascept.

COme on down from the clouds and join the rest of us.  (;-) TP

I'm not in the clouds.

You would rather try putting down on someone rather than trying to help them.

I don't know it all and I don't claim too.

I made some errors in my typing and you jumped all over it, I sorry.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 08:16:30 PM by RICH »