Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:19:29 AM

Author Topic: Local Help Group  (Read 5449 times)

Local Help Group
« on: January 02, 2006, 10:12:33 AM »
Here's an idea. What if some of our members in various regions formed a help system where a member in that region could get live, one to one assistance with his machine issues, giving the time to spare issues also. Take me for example, I am no good at all at electric stuff and sorely need help. In this I admit I'm just dumble stumbling. It causes great frustration and angst. I'm in Southern New Hampshire, only a mile from the Mass. boarder and about three miles from Rockingham Race Park. Now if someone from this region who has successfully put together his machine could meet with me somewhere neutral it would be of great help. Although I enjoy Email and forums the live face to face thing is sometimes worth a month of groping around in the dark. If you know what I mean. What say you any feedback?
Re: Local Help Group
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 10:23:46 AM »
stringkilla,
 I am up in Maine and I could take a ride down OR I can have you up here (along with others) to do some work on How to wire a machine and How to run the machine. This could be the "local" group and we could have meetings at various places in the northeast..

I am game if others out there would like to do it.

Thank you and a great idea!
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 09:37:17 AM »
I like that idea Brian, and it would sure help me a lot. I would be willing to do that. How can we see to it that more members who live in this area can get in on this to?.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 11:51:56 AM »
I am in hopes that they will post here...

I will post this on the Yahoo group as well

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 03:26:50 PM »
Thank you Brian, I can't wait. Read my lament in My Two Cents post, am I screwed.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 03:42:28 PM »
If you would like to take the machine up here I could have it running for you in a day:) I have everything here to get it running! I think you have a small machine...

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 06:21:23 PM »
Yes my machine is small, easy to carry, just the frames and two enclosures. I've PM'd you stating my current situation, but I look forward to meeting with you. Thank you, I'm sure that with a little one on one I'll be all set. Thanks again.

ynneb

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 07:30:01 AM »
We have a group here in Melbourne Australia. 12 in total, who have met on quite a few occasions.
Primarily for a BBQ and a chat. I highly recomend this type of meeting. The conversation flows well, and its very interesting to discover each others uses for CNC.

I couldnt recommend it more.
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 09:50:28 AM »
OK, fabulous. That's what I'm talking about. Ya see Benny's got the right idea. So what about our New England members speak up, let spend some time together, air out ideas face to face, one on one. WHAT SAY YOU !!!!!!!